From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Purple Swamphen)
The purple swamphen has been split into the following species:
- Western swamphen, Porphyrio porphyrio, southwest Europe and northwest Africa
- African swamphen, Porphyrio madagascariensis, sub-Saharan continental Africa and Madagascar
- Grey-headed swamphen, Porphyrio poliocephalus, Middle East, through the Indian subcontinent to southern China and northern Thailand
- Black-backed swamphen, Porphyrio indicus, southeast Asia to Sulawesi
- Philippine swamphen, Porphyrio pulverulentus, Philippine islands
- Australasian swamphen, Porphyrio melanotus, Australia, New Zealand, and Oceania
|This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.