Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Western swamphen, Porphyrio porphyrio, southwest Europe and northwest Africa
- African swamphen, Porphyrio madagascariensis, sub-Saharan continental Africa and Madagascar
- Grey-headed swamphen, Porphyrio poliocephalus, Middle East, through the Indian subcontinent to southern China and northern Thailand
- Black-backed swamphen, Porphyrio indicus, southeast Asia to Sulawesi
- Philippine swamphen, Porphyrio pulverulentus, Philippine islands
- Australasian swamphen, Porphyrio melanotus, Australia, New Zealand, and Oceania
- Swamphen, the genus Porphyrio
- Gill, Frank; Donsker, David, eds. (2019). "Chats, Old World flycatchers". World Bird List Version 9.1. International Ornithologists' Union. Retrieved 3 April 2019.
- Sangster, G. (1998). "Purple Swamp-hen is a complex of species" (PDF). Dutch Birding. 20 (1): 13–22.
- García-R, J.C.; Trewick, S.A. (2015). "Dispersal and speciation in purple swamphens (Rallidae: Porphyrio)". Auk. 122 (1): 140–155. doi:10.1642/AUK-14-114.1.