Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Western swamphen, Porphyrio porphyrio, southwest Europe and northwest Africa
- African swamphen, Porphyrio madagascariensis, sub-Saharan continental Africa and Madagascar
- Grey-headed swamphen, Porphyrio poliocephalus, Middle East, through the Indian subcontinent to southern China and northern Thailand
- Black-backed swamphen, Porphyrio indicus, southeast Asia to Sulawesi
- Philippine swamphen, Porphyrio pulverulentus, Philippine islands
- Australasian swamphen, Porphyrio melanotus, Australia, New Zealand, and Oceania
- Swamphen, the genus Porphyrio
- Gill, Frank; Donsker, David, eds. (2019). "Chats, Old World flycatchers". World Bird List Version 9.1. International Ornithologists' Union. Retrieved 3 April 2019.
- Sangster, G. (1998). "Purple Swamp-hen is a complex of species" (PDF). Dutch Birding. 20 (1): 13–22.
- García-R, J.C.; Trewick, S.A. (2015). "Dispersal and speciation in purple swamphens (Rallidae: Porphyrio)". Auk. 122 (1): 140–155. doi:10.1642/AUK-14-114.1.
|common name (vernacular name). If an internal link led you here, you may wish to edit the linking article so that it links directly to the intended article.This page is an index of articles on animal species (or higher taxonomic groups) with the same|