|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Type||Municipal council|
|Elevation||315 m (1,033 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||MH 29 (Yavatmal district)|
Pusad gets its name from River Pus, as the town is located on bank of river Pus. Pusad falls under Yavatmal district. Although officially a Taluka place, Pusad is comparable to the size of a District in terms of size and revenue. A proposal of declaring Pusad a district officially is under procedure at the moment.
Pusad is located at  It has an average elevation of 315 metres (1033 feet). Pusad is surrounded by hills from almost all the sides and is at little lower elevation than these hills. The name of the town originates from the name of the adjoining river called Pus Nadi. Pus nadi is lifeline of the town and also a source of drinking water and irrigation water. Pusad is also believed to have derived the name from its ancient name "Pushpawanti Nagari"..
As of 2011[update] India census, Pusad had a population of 75,000. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Pusad has an average literacy rate of 70%.: male literacy is 77%, and female literacy is 62%. In Pusad, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Pusad's climate is extreme with the temperatures going as high as 49 degree Celsius in summers and as low as 5 degree Celsius in winters. Experts believe this due to a phenomenon called as "Basket Effect". Since Pusad is situated between hills from all four sides.
Colleges and Schools
Pusad has many notable institutions and colleges some of the prominent colleges are:
- B.N. College of Engineering: An engineering college established in 1983.
- Dairy Technology College: offers UG and PG level degrees for Dairy Technology.
- Ayurvedic Mahavidyalaya: Medical College with degrees and diplomas offering in Ayurvedic Medical Science.
- Dr. N. P. Hirani Institute of Polytechnic: Technical institute offering Diploma in Engineering.
- Sudhakarrao Naik Institute of Pharmacy College: Offers Ph.D, Post Graduates Degree, Under Graduates Degree and Diploma Course in the field of [Pharmacy/ Pharmaceutical
- Phulsing Naik Mahavidyalaya: offers degree courses in Arts, Commerce, Science. It also junior college (11th, and 12th standard) for Arts, Commerce, and Science stream.
- Ghulam Nabi Azad Urdu Senior And Junior College
Some of the well-known schools in Pusad city are:
- K.D.High school pusad
- St Mary's English School
- Jet Kids International School (CBSE)
- Little Flower English Medium School
- Kids World School
- Gunvantrao High School
- Asegaonkar School
- Matoshri Mandir School
- Lokheet High School
- Mahatma Mungasaji Vidyalaya
- Koshatwar Daulatkhan High School
- Ghulam Nabi Azad Urdu High School and Jr. College
- Hazrat Umar Farooque (RZ) Urdu High School
- Jyotirgamaya English School
- Navjeevan Dnyanpeeth English Medium School
- Iqra International English And Arabi
- Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Primary and Upper Primary School, Laxminagar (Borgadi)
Pusad has many temples around city and outside. One of the Shakti Pitha Mahur is located 40 km east to the city. Following are other temples in and around the city
- DUDHAGIRI MAHARAJ TEMPLE* This temple is a one of the most famous temple in pusad. The Temple situated in Wonderful Village Dudhagiri.
Sargadi Aai Temple: Located at Chondhi Village [15 km From Bus Stand, Pusad]
Karla: Temple of Lord Krishna.[5 km from Bus Stand, Pusad],Jain Temples (2 km from Bus Stand)
Amba Temple: Temple of Goddess Jagadamba [6 km from Bus Stand, Pusad)
Swami Samarth Temple: Located at Saptagiri Nagar,(Just 2km From Bus Stand)
Other Temples around town: Vitthal Rukmani Temple Dhankeshwar[Washim Road] Jageshwar Temple RamMandi Temple[old city] Hatkeshwar Temple[old city] Karunewar Temple[old city] Gajanan maharaj Temple Sai Baba temple Harshi Mahadev Chintamani Temple [Karla Road] Narsinha mandir : A beautiful temple of lord Narsimha located in Chowbara chowk. Khandi: A pilgrimage of Mahanubhav people located at the banks of river pus on east of town. Khandoba [Dhansal Road]
Sevadas maharaj Templel.[10 km from pusad. Near Dhundi Village]
Pusad is connected to major cities in the Maharashtra State by the roadways. The MSRTC buses run from Pusad to Mumbai, Nagpur, Yavatmal, Pune, Amravati, Akola, Washim, Hingoli, Nanded, Solapur, Aurangabad, Raipur, Umarkhed, Mahur, Ansing, Adilabad and Indore. In the British era, Pusad was connected to nearby towns with Railway. However, due to unknown reasons, British rule discontinued the service. Pusad is being considered as a future station halt for Wardha-Nanded railway.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Pusad
- "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
||Washim (district) and Ansing||Manora||Digras, Darwha, Akola Bazar, Yavatmal|
|Mahur, R.S.Chavan the Nanded district|