Push Pop (manufactured by Topps) is an American brand of fruit-flavored lollipops produced in Taiwan (and other Southeast Asian countries). It is a product of the Topps Company Inc. It debuted in 1986 and comes in many flavors.
The product's gimmick is that the lollipop takes the form of a long cylinder that retracts into a capped plastic tube, and must be "pushed" out for consumption. Push Pop varieties include Original, spring-loaded Jumbo, Triple Power, Flip-N-Dip, push pop sliderz, and Push Pump Spray.
In 2020, the Push Pop Gummy Roll was added to the line of Push Pop candies. The gummy roll comes in a tape-like dispenser that allows the consumer to pull out a strand of the roll and tear it off to get their desired piece of sanded gummy candy. This new Push pop candy comes in 4 different flavors: Strawberry, Watermelon, Blue Raspberry, and Berry Blast. Creating gummy candy was a bit of a departure for Push Pop, as the brand focuses on creating a fun experience for eating lollipops. The Push Pop Gummy Roll was first announced in May 2019 at the Sweets & Snacks Expo in Chicago.
It has proven to be a popular product with kids, winning the Candy Industry Kid’s Choice award for Best Novelty candy.
- Don't Push ME, push a Push Pop!
- Isn't Time You Pushed A Push Pop?
- Give life a push.
- Push a Push Pop, push it for flavor, push a Push Pop, save some for later!
- What? You never pushed a Push Pop?
- "You Know You're From the '80s When You Crave... | Food Network Canada". foodnetwork.ca. Retrieved 2021-03-19.
- "Push Pops". Snack Memory.
- "Retro Halloween Candy Dum Dums Sweet Tart Hubba Bubba | The Feast". web.archive.org. 2019-01-03. Retrieved 2021-03-19.
- "Push Pops".
- "Bazooka Candy Brands Releases Push Pop Gummy Roll". CSP Daily News. Retrieved 19 May 2020.
- "Push Pop Gummy Roll Launches!". Food & Beverage Magazine. 29 January 2020. Retrieved 19 May 2020.
- "New Push Pop® Gummy Roll Brings an All-New Eating Experience to Gummy Candy With Cutting-Edge Packaging". AP NEWS. 22 January 2020. Retrieved 19 May 2020.
- "Gummy Candy adds New Push Pop Gummy Roll to its portfolio". NS Packaging. 23 January 2020. Retrieved 19 May 2020.
- "Push Pop pushes into the gummy category". Foodbusinessnews.net. Retrieved 19 May 2020.
- "Meiji America, American Licorice, Bazooka win 2020 Kids Choice Awards". Candyindustry.com. Retrieved 19 May 2020.