Put Your Hand in the Hand
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"Put Your Hand in the Hand"|
|Single by Ocean|
|from the album Put Your Hand in the Hand|
|B-side||"Tear Down the Fences"|
|Length||2:52 – Single Edit|
3:53 – Album Cut
|Producer(s)||Greg Brown, Ocean|
|Ocean singles chronology|
It became a hit single for the Canadian band Ocean, released as the title track to their debut album. The single peaked at No. 2 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, kept from No.1 by Joy to the World by Three Dog Night. The song also reached number four on the Adult Contemporary chart. The single version omitted the instrumental, that occurs between the second chorus and the second verse, as well as the repeat of the chorus and the final instrumentalist chorus, that ends without the fade. It went on to become 22nd best-seller of 1971.
A1 "Put Your Hand in the Hand" – 2:52
A2 "Tear Down the Fences" – 2:53
The song was also covered in the 1970s by a number of other performers, including Elvis Presley (who also covered MacLellan's "Snowbird"), Randy Stonehill, Frankie Laine, Donny Hathaway, Joan Baez, Dutch group Himalaya, the Les Humphries Singers, and a German-language version ("Ich fand eine Hand") [I Found a Hand] by Cindy & Bert.
- In a 1991 episode of the sitcom Family Matters titled "Choir Trouble", the cast was singing the song in their church as part of their Gospel Fest.
- The song was used in the 2013 film Prisoners.
- The song was used in a 2017 episode of US television series Last Man Standing titled “Take Me to Church”
- Whitburn, Joel (1993). Top Adult Contemporary: 1961–1993. Record Research. p. 178.
- "Godspeed (Ron Hynes) tabs, videos". Wtv-zone.com. Retrieved 2016-10-05.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-06-06. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
|This 1970s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|