|Nepalese Federal States||Province No. 4|
|• Mayor||Shima Chhetri (NCP)|
|• Deputy Mayor||Mahesh Puri (NCP)|
|• Total||146.21 km2 (56.45 sq mi)|
|• Density||310/km2 (790/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:45 (NST)|
Putalibazar is the biggest municipality in Syangja District. According to 2011 Nepal census, it had a total populations of 30,704 people residing in 8,180 individual households. With many VDC, it has been the center for the business and official municipality of Syangja. Before the Waling municipality was named, it was the only municipality in Syangja. The dominant political parties in Putalibazar are Nepali Congress and CPN UML.
In 12 March 2017, the government of Nepal implemented a new local administrative structure consisting of 744 local units. With the implementation of the new local administrative structure, VDCs have been replaced with municipal & village councils. Putalibazar is one of these 744 local units. Putalibazar is created by merging Taksar, Pauwegaude, Thuladihi, Bahakot, Kolma Barahachaur, (1-3,9) Wards of Rangvang & (1,2,4-8) Wards of Pelkachaur.
Putalibazar is divided into 14 Wards. It is surrounded by Kaski District & Fedikhola at northern side, Kaski District & Tanahun District from east, Aandhikhola, Arjun Chaupari & Bhirkot Municipality from west and Biruwa & Bhirkot Municipality at south. Birgha Archale is its headquarter.
As Putalibazar is created by merging Taksar, Pauwegaude, Thuladihi, Bahakot, Kolma Barahachaur, (1-3,9) Wards of Rangvang & (1,2,4-8) Wards of Pelkachaur. The sum population of Putalibazar, 44,876, is residing in an area of 146.21 km2.
- "Syangja VDC Level Report" (PDF). Central Bureau of Statistics. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-10-26.
- "PM Dahal inaugurates operation of 744 local levels". The Himalayan Times. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "744 new local units come into effect". The Kathmandu Post. Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- "New civic set-up comes into effect". The Himalayan Times. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "Which local units are you in?". Seto Pati. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- "Which local unit do you belong to?". MyRepublica. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "Community Radio Syangja FM 89.6 MHz".