|Directed by||Sathyan Anthikad|
|Produced by||Anto Joseph|
|Written by||Benny P Nayarambalam|
|Edited by||K. Rajagopal|
Ann Mega Media
|Distributed by||Ann Mega Media|
|Box office||₹18.01 crore (US$2.8 million)|
Puthiya Theerangal (Malayalam: പുതിയ തീരങ്ങള്; English: The New Shores) is a 2012 Indian Malayalam film directed by Sathyan Anthikad, produced by Anto Joseph, and written by Benny P Nayarambalam. It stars Nedumudi Venu, Namitha Pramod and Nivin Pauly in the lead roles. The music is composed by Ilaiyaraaja.
The film is happening by the seaside.The story is focused on the life of a young girl named Thamara, who lives on her own at the shore, after the death of her parents. Sometime later she finds an old man and she feels like having got her father back. The story dwells on the bond between the two and how that changes in the presence of the few new people who land up and start to live on the banks of the sea.
- Nivin Pauly as Mohanan Maash
- Namitha Pramod as Thamara
- Nedumudi Venu as Advocate Immanuel (Original Name)/Kurian Paulose/Kumara Panickker (K.P.)
- Innocent as Father Michael
- Siddharth as Appachan
- Krishnabhaskar Mangalasserri
- Molly Aunty
|Soundtrack album by Ilaiyaraaja|
|Released||9 September 2012|
The soundtrack will be composed by Ilaiyaraaja, with lyrics penned by Kaithapram. The album consists of three songs. The audio rights of the film were acquired by Mathrubhumi Music. The album was launched on 9 September 2012 at Kochi. The soundtrack received generally positive reviews from music critics. "Rajagopuram" song was widely appreciated and the pick of the album.
|1.||"Rajagopuram"||Kaithapram||Vijay Yesudas, Shweta Mohan||4:05|
|2.||"Sindoora pottu"||Kaithapram||Madhu Balakrishnan||4:25|
Puthiya Theerangal received mixed reviews upon release with most critics complaining that it is a typical Sathyan Anthikad film with nothing new to offer. Sify.com gives the verdict "Disappointing" and says, "Puthiya Theerangal has nothing new about it and ends up as a meek affair. With clichéd situations and half-baked characters, the film is a lazy effort from one of Kerala’s most popular directors ever." Paresh C Palicha of Rediff.com says Puthiya Theerangal has some good performances but in the end it leaves us with mixed feelings. He rated the film . Oneindia.in was somewhat impressed with the film. In a review which rates the film , its critic comments that the film "spells the same 'Sathyan Anthikkad' magic". it.flopped
|2nd South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Lyricist||Kaithapram for "Rajagopuram"||Nominated|
|Best Female Debutant||Namitha Pramod||Nominated|
- Malayalam Films of 2013
- "Puthiya Theerangal: Nedumudi, Namitha play the lead - South Cinema - Malayalam News - ibnlive". Ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- 13 August 2012 By Shruti Karthikeyan DC. "Sathyan names it Puthiya Theerangal". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "Movie Review: Puthiya Theerangal". Sify.
- "Review: Puthiya Theerangal has nothing new to offer"
- "Puthiya Theerangal Movie Review – A typical Sathyan Anthikkad film"