Putnamville is an unincorporated community in Warren Township, Putnam County, Indiana, United States. It lies along U.S. Route 40 at the intersection of State Road 243.
Putnamville was laid out in 1930. The community took its name from Putnam County. A post office called Putnamville has been in operation since 1832.
Coordinates: 39°34′27″N 86°51′55″W / 39.57417°N 86.86528°W
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Weik, Jesse William (1910). Weik's History of Putnam County, Indiana. B.F. Bowen. p. 181.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 273. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...named for the county in which is located.
- ^ "Putnam County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 1 November 2015.