|Territorial authority||Hastings District|
Putorino (Māori: Pūtōrino) is a small farming settlement in northern Hawke's Bay, on the eastern side of New Zealand's North Island. It is located on State Highway 2 between Tutira and Mohaka, on the Hastings side of the border between Hastings and Wairoa.
Pūtōrino was originally a Māori settlement at the mouth of the Waikari River, at an important stopping point for canoes. It became a European settlement in the 1860s, and move inland to the main Napier to Wairoa Road in the early 20th century. The modern village includes a hotel and sports centre.
- Hariss, Gavin. "Putorino, Hawke's Bay". topomap.co.nz. NZ Topo Map.
- Pollock, Kerryn. "Putorino". Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand. Ministry for Culture and Heritage.
- Education Counts: Putorino School
- "New Zealand Schools Directory". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 27 April 2021.
- "Education Review Office Report". ero.govt.nz. Education Review Office.