Putra World Trade Centre
|Putra World Trade Centre|
Entrance of the Putra World Trade Centre
|Alternative names||Pusat Dagangan Dunia Putra|
|Type||Offices and convention centre|
|Location||Jalan Tun Dr Ismail
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
|Opening||2 September 1985|
|Management||Putra World Trade Centre Sdn Bhd|
Construction commenced in 1981 and was completed in 1984. The building was officially opened on 2 September 1985, by the then Malaysian prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohammad, during the first UMNO General Assembly, and has been a staging area for following UMNO General Assemblies since.
PWTC is within walking distance of several hotels such as the Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Sunway Putra Hotel, Dynasty Hotel Kuala Lumpur, and Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur.
- Menara Dato Onn - The UMNO general headquarters
- Dewan Merdeka
- Dewan Tun Abdul Razak 1 & 2 (Separated from main building with Batu river)
- Dewan Tun Dr Ismail
- Dewan Tun Hussein Onn
- PATA General Conference in 1986.
- Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting 1989.
- NAM General Conference in 2003.
- Bruno Mars's concert that was held on 10 April 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Putra World Trade Centre.|
|This article about a Malaysian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|