This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Part of a series on|
A рuzzlehunt or a puzzle hunt is a puzzle game where teams compete to solve a series of puzzles at a particular site, in multiple sites or via the internet. Groups of puzzles in a puzzle hunt are often connected by a metapuzzle, leading to answers which combine into a final set of solutions.
Puzzle Hunt Events
Famous annual puzzlehunts
- D.A.S.H. (Different Area Same Hunt) takes place on the same day in multiple cities around the world using ClueKeeper as the interface.
- the MIT Mystery Hunt (Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA),
- the Melbourne University Mathematics & Statistics Society (MUMS) puzzlehunt (Melbourne, Australia),
- the Sydney University Maths Society (SUMS) puzzlehunt (Sydney, Australia),
- the TMOU (Brno, Czech Republic)
- the VT Hunt ᚖᚌᚖ (Blacksburg, Virginia, USA)
- the Microsoft Puzzle Hunt (Redmond, Washington, USA),
- the Miami Herald's Tropic Hunt (Miami, Florida, USA),
- the Washington Post's Post Hunt (Washington, DC, USA),
- the Gen Con Puzzle Hunt (Indianapolis, Indiana, USA),
- Mezzacotta (formerly the Canon Information Systems Research Australia Puzzle Competition) (here),
- Galactic Puzzle Hunt, run over Pi Day weekend,
- the Phish.net Quest puzzle sequence (summary here),
- the REDDOThunt (here),
- the Great Puzzle Hunt in Bellingham, WA every April
Corporate recruiting puzzlehunts
- APT Puzzle Tournament, a recruiting event on multiple campuses hosted by Applied Predictive Technologies
- Google Games, a multi-part competition that usually includes logic puzzles, coding, trivia, and building challenges that utilize materials like LEGO bricks
- College Puzzle Challenge (Multiple Locations, North America), hosted by Microsoft as a recruiting event on college campuses.
- Palantir's Puzzle Challenge, a recruiting event on multiple campuses hosted by Palantir Technologies
- Puzzle Hunt, put on every semester by a student organization called PuzzleHuntCMU at Carnegie Mellon University's Pittsburgh, PA campus
- VT Hunt, an annual group puzzlehunt held annually by Virginia Tech's ᚖᚌᚖ Septagram Society
- Nova Quest, a campus-wide puzzlehunt organized by the Nova Quest student organization, taking place each spring at Villanova University
- Puzzle Hunt, open to all students and organized by the Rice University IEEE student chapter
- Puzzlehunt, a puzzlehunt made annually by the Stanford University Mathematical Organization
- UMD Puzzlehunt, a Spring puzzlehunt written by the Puzzle Club at the University of Maryland, College Park
Collegiate puzzlehunts (retired)
- 2012-2016 Berkeley Mystery Hunt (), a puzzlehunt at UC Berkeley made by The Campus League of Puzzlers
- 2002-2008 PuzzleCrack (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA)
High School puzzlehunts
- PEA Puzzle Hunt, a puzzlehunt at Phillips Exeter Academy
- Puzzlepalooza, a puzzle hunt at Montgomery Blair High School in Silver Spring MD
Sometimes, the prize for winning a puzzlehunt is to create the next one.
Related puzzle events
- The Game (a puzzlehunt combined with a road rally)
- Microsoft Puzzle Safari (Redmond, Washington)
- Race In The City (an Amazing Race-style event in Toronto)
- Puzzled Pint (a monthly puzzlehunt aimed at beginner to intermediate teams)
- Prehistoric Puzzlehunt (an annual event at the Museum of the Earth in Ithaca, NY) www.priweb.org/puzzlehunt
- Mission Street Puzzles (San Francisco, California)
- UNR Puzzle Hunt (A self-guided puzzle hunt on the University of Nevada Reno campus)
Puzzle Hunt Event Calendars
- Alternate reality game
- Treasure hunt (game)
- Encounter (game)
- La chouette d'or
- The Last of Sheila, a murder mystery film set at a puzzlehunt
- "ClueKeeper, that puzzle hunt app [Review]". ClueKeeper Review. Room Escape Artist. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- Roeder, Oliver (2018-01-19). "Can You Stay Awake For 50 Hours And Solve 150 Puzzles?". FiveThirtyEight. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- "About Us". www.vthunt.com. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- "About the Hunt". PEA Puzzle Hunt 2018. Retrieved 2019-10-24.
- "Puzzlepalooza!". puzzlepalooza.mbhs.edu. Retrieved 2019-05-26.