PV-1110 in Lithuanian National Defence Volunteer Forces service
|Place of origin||Sweden|
|Used by||See Users|
|Weight||Barrel: 120 kg (264 lb)
With carriage: 260 kg (573 lb)
|Length||4.1 m (13 ft 5 in)|
|Barrel length||3.69 m (12 ft 1 in)|
|Height||0.47 m (1 ft 7 in) to 0.87 m (2 ft 10 in)
depending on firing position
|Elevation||-10 to +15°|
|Traverse||75 to 115°|
|Rate of fire||6 to 8 rpm|
|Muzzle velocity||650-700 m/s (2,132-2,296 ft/s)
depending on ammunition used
|Effective firing range||900 m (980 yd)|
|Sights||Optical with coaxial 7.62 mm Ljungman spotting rifle|
The Pvpj 1110 (Pansarvärnspjäs 1110) is a Swedish 90 mm recoilless rifle. It is also widely known as Pv-1110. It entered service at the early 1960s and was phased out of service in the Swedish Army in the late 1990s after 1,600 had been produced. Some 300 weapons were transferred to Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
The Pvpj 1110 is fitted with an optical sight and has an iron sight as backup.
The Pvpj1110 is designed to fire HEAT rounds with tracers. The Swedish designation for these rounds is spårljuspansarspränggranat (slpsgr)
- Spårljuspansarspränggranat m/62, a 10.7 kg HEAT round that penetrates 380 mm of rolled homogeneous armour (RHA).
- Spårljuspansarspränggranat m/77, an 11.2 kg HEAT round that penetrates 500 mm of RHA.
- Spårljuspansarspränggranat m/84, a 10 kg HEAT round
- Spårljusövningsgranat m/62, 10.7 kg practice round (no explosive filling) with tracer.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Ireland (withdrawn)
- Latvia (national guard)
- Lithuania: Lithuanian Armed Forces.
- Sweden (withdrawn from service but kept in storage)
|This article related to weaponry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|