Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
|Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani|
Intertitle of Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
|Created by||Ekta Kapoor & Shobha Kapoor|
|Directed by||Partho Mitra, Raminder Singh Suri, Ashish Shrivatav andNitesh Singh|
|Creative director(s)||Prashant Bhatt, Chloe Ferns and Meet Kohli|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||331 Total|
|Producer(s)||Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor|
|Editor(s)||Vikas Sharma, Vishal Sharma, Sandeep Bhatt and Rajiv Yadav|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||STAR One|
|Picture format||720i (SDTV)|
|Original release||18 October 2010 – 15 December 2011|
The Times of India says the plot was inspired by the Twilight vampire series and was one of the more "ambitious" projects by producer Ekta Kapoor. Vivian Dsena's portrayal of a vampire in the show helped establish his public notability.
Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani is a story about the forbidden love between a vampire and a human. Abhay Raichand (Vivian Dsena), a 200-year-old vampire, falls in love with the orphan, Piyali Jaiswal, also known as Piya (Sukirti Kandpal), who resembles his soul mate Maithili (also played by Kandpal), a picture of whom he keeps in his wallet. Pia is the illegitimate daughter of Arnab Dobriyal (Anupam Bhattacharya) who abandoned Piya and her mother, Sugandh (Neeta Shetty), when Piya was a child. Piya has lived in an orphanage since Suganth’s death, when she was 10.
After receiving a scholarship Piya moves to Dehradun to pursue her degree at Mount College. While at college, she meets her father, Arnab, her step-mother, Madhu (Papiya Dey Sengupta), her step-sisters, Misha (Priya Wal) and Panchi (Vahbbiz Dorabjee), as well as Abhay, a handsome young man who not only saves her time and again, but also stands by her when no one else would. She meets him in the chill of the dense forests surrounding the college, but Abhay's mysterious disposition raises questions in Piya's mind. Unlike the other boys at college, he is a recluse, yet despite this, there is a charm about him that draws Piya.
Puzzled by all the oddities she sees with Abhay’s behavior, Piya does research, and is shocked to see that the results all point toward vampires. Eventually Abhay admits his heritage to Piya. Torn, Piya decides to leave the college, however, realizing she is in love with Abhay, she returns. Siddharth (Siddhant Karnick), another vampire, returns to get revenge on Abhay, with whom he was rivals for Maithali. To save Piya from Siddharth, Abhay bites her. Afterward, Abhay admits his love for Piya. She feels a strong connection with him and yet gets the unmistakable feeling that Abhay decidedly does not want to get too close. However, in time the heart wins and, they are swept off their feet falling passionately in love with each other. But the closer they get, the more Abhay must struggle to resist his primal instincts.
Piya asks Siddharth about the Raichands, He tells her that he knows so much about them, He takes her to the burnt house where mathili died, there Piya meets Maithili. Siddharth kidnaps Piya, who learns that Siddharth is Abhay’s brother, and that he and Maithali (who Siddharth has turned into a vampire) are conspiring together against Abhay. In a fight, Abhay kills Siddharth, Maithali takes an ice slab and tuches it to his heart and tells him to go and meet piya as he is going to freeze here and live as a ghost, after which Abhay wipes Piya’s memories. Abhay becomes buried under snow, frozen, as Piya’s parents come to take her home.
In the second season, a year has passed and Piya returns in Dehradun from Paris, where she has become a super model. Although she remembers nothing about her prior time at Dehradun, she feels drawn to the spot where Abhay lies frozen. She meets Jeh Khurana (Rithvik Dhanjani), a werewolf who is searching for Abhay to take revenge on him for killing his brother. Without knowing who he is, Piya saves Abhay from his icy abode. He is once again very rude to her, and she is conflicted about her feelings, feeling both repulsed and attracted to him at the same time. Meanwhile, she and Jeh become good friends.
Battles ensue between the vampires and the werewolves. During this time Piya regains her memory, and reunites with Abhay, but he fears for her safety, so they tell no one. Alina, Jeh’s sister, falls in love with Abhay, and he agrees to be with her, if only to protect Piya. Another battle occurs, during which Deepanita, Jeh’s mother, dies. Eventually, Abhay turns from a vampire to a human by using a magical potion and leaves Dehradun with Pia.
Three months later, Jeh kidnaps Piya, and Abhay returns to save her. A battle ensues, during which Jeh is killed by Arnab who has been turned into a vampire. Later Arnab turns into a human and the show ends with the marriage of Abhay and Piya.
- Vivian Dsena as Abhay Raichand
- Sukirti Kandpal as Piyali Jaiswal/Piyali Dobriyal
- Rithvik Dhanjani as Jeh Khurana
- Priya Wal as Misha Dobriyal
- Kishwer Merchantt as Haseena Raichand
- Naved Aslam as Chand Raichand
- Madhura Naik as Tanushree Ambolkar
- Siddhant Karnick  as Siddharth Raichand
- Vahbbiz Dorabjee as Panchi Dobriyal
- Suyyash Rai as Neil Khurana
- Priya Chauhan as Alina Khurana
- Karuna Verma as Dipannita Khurana
- Vishal Gandhi as Kabir Singh Rathod
- Tabrez Khan as Danish Singh
- Roshani Shetty as Roohi Juneja
- Aanshuman Singh Mahant as Angad Ahluwalia
- Papiya Dey Sengupta as Madhu Dobriyal
- Anupam Bhattacharya as Arnab Dobriyal
- Tanvi Thakkar as Maya
- Gautam Gulati as Shauraya Khanna
- Yash Gera as Shankar Menon/Pintoo
- Neetha Shetty as Sugandh Jaiswal
- Monica Castelino as Shanaya
- Staff (Nov 10, 2011). "Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani to end?". Times Internet. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- Surabhi Rawat. "Slideshow: TV’s hot actor Vivian D’sena turns 27". Times Internet. pp. Slide 3. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- Staff (Apr 18, 2015). "Kishwer S Merchantt: I can't do mythological shows, their hindi is quite tough". Times Internet. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- Anjuri Nayar Singh (Aug 1, 2015). "TV can't do without saas-bahu sagas: Siddhant Karnik". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 27 September 2015.