Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam
|Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam|
Intertitle of Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam
|Created by||Kavita K. Barjatya|
|Written by||Shashi Mittal
|Directed by||Kaushik Ghatak|
|Creative director(s)||Gayatri Singh|
|Theme music composer||Dipti Mishra
|Opening theme||"Pyaar Ke Do Naam" by Udit Narayan|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||103|
|Running time||Approx. 24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Rajshri Productions|
|Original network||STAR Plus|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||3 April – 28 September 2006|
Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam is an Indian television romantic drama series, which premiered on 3 April 2006. It was broadcast on Star Plus channel Monday through Thursday at 8:00 pm IST. The story focuses on the concept of reincarnation and how everlasting love lasts between the lead pairs. The series is produced by Rajshri Productions, and stars Barkha Bisht and Indraneil Sengupta in the main lead.
The story is told through the three lives of Shyaam and Raadha. Shyaam is the playboy of the school, and Raadha is a down-to-earth, driven girl who aspires to be a doctor. Initially, they dislike each other. Upon visiting a small village in India called Lakhanpur, where his car breaks down, Shyaam remembers his past life where he was a village boy named Kishan, and Raadha was an illiterate village girl named Shyaama. They loved each other, but owing to some problems, Shyaama committed suicide. When Kishan learned of this, he also committed suicide. In the present life, when Raadha and Shyaam reunite, their families are hostile to each other. Shyaam and Raadha get killed; but they are reborn again, as Krishna and Radhika.
- Barkha Bisht as Raadha / Shyaama / Radhika
- Indraneil Sengupta as Shyaam / Kishan / Krishna (Krish)
- Muskaan Mihani as Maala
- Ramesh Deo as Thakur
- Sonali Khare as Kav (Raadha's sister)
- Rakesh Pandey as Brijkishore (Raadha's father)
- Satyajit Sharma as Mr. Sahaay (Shyaam's father)
- Sadhana Singh as Mamta Sahaay (Shyaam's mother)
- Baby Tabassum as Kishan's Grandmother
- Shweta Gulati as Tanya
- Karishma Tanna as Jitisha
- Rucha Gujrati as Mahalaxmi
The serial started with a TRP of 6.2 and gradually fell to 1.3-1.8 due to the storyline changes.
- "First Look of Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam". RediffMOVIES. 3 April 2006.
- "View from the Couch on April 3". The Telegraph - Subhash K. Jha. 10 March 2006.