This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genres||Hard rock, progressive rock|
|Associated acts||Max Webster, Rush, Kim Mitchell|
Pye Dubois is a Canadian lyricist and poet. He has worked mainly with Kim Mitchell and Max Webster (with whom he was considered an unofficial fifth non-performing member), and occasionally Rush. Dubois would accompany Max Webster in the studio and wrote lyrics for each of their albums. He was given lyric-writing credits on several Rush songs, most notably "Tom Sawyer". Dubois wrote the poem "Between the Sun and Moon", which inspired them to write many of the lyrics for the album Counterparts, including a song of the same name for which Dubois received co-writing credit. He is also credited as writer on the Rush songs "Force Ten" and "Test for Echo".
After Max Webster dissolved, Dubois continued his writing relationship with singer and guitarist Kim Mitchell on his solo songs. This would include all but one of the songs on Kim's platinum Akimbo Alogo, every song on the triple platinum Shakin' Like a Human Being, and double platinum Rockland. Dubois had a falling-out with Mitchell during the sessions for Rockland, caused by Mitchell's decision to record the album in the US without Dubois present in the studio as he had been in the past. Dubois did not write on Mitchell's follow-up album, Aural Fixations (lyrics on that album were handled largely by Jim Chevalier and Andy Curran), but did return for 1994's Itch. Dubois took part in several Max Webster reunion concerts, but not their most recent one in Toronto on May 24, 2007, and has not written lyrics with Mitchell since 1994.
- "TOM SAWYER". Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "CANOE -- JAM! Music - Pop Encyclopedia - Max Webster". canoe.ca. Archived from the original on 11 July 2012. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- Popoff, Martin (1993). Riff Kills Man! 25 Years of Recorded Hard Rock & Heavy Metal. Power Chord Press. ISBN 0-9697707-0-7.
- "RUSH - Writer Of 'Tom Sawyer' Lyric, Pye Dubois, MISSING!". bravewords.com. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "Former D.O.A. drummer Chuck Biscuits alive and well despite Internet reports". Retrieved 24 January 2015.