|Length:||127.5 km (79.2 mi)|
|Existed:||2002 – present|
|West end:||W.Pyeongtaek JC in Pyeongtaek, Gyeonggi-do
|East end:||Jecheon JC in Jecheon, Chungcheongbuk-do
|Revised Romanization||Pyeongtaek Jecheon Gosok Doro|
|McCune–Reischauer||P'yŏngt'aek Chech'ŏn Kosok Toro|
The Pyeongtaek-Jecheon Expressway,(Korean: 평택제천고속도로, Pyeongtaek-Jecheon Gosok Doro) Route 40, is a expressway in South Korea, currently connecting Pyeongtaek, Gyeonggi Province to Jecheon, North Chungcheong Province with planned extensions to Jecheon, Samcheok.
Originally assigned route number 24 during planning and initial construction, it was reassigned route number 40 in 2001 as part of the new South Korean expressway numbering scheme. Construction began in December 1997.
The Pyeongtaek–Jecheon Expressway is part of South Korea's integrated tollway system. Motorists pay tolls only when leaving the system, not when transferring between expressways within the system.
- 27 December 1997 : Construction Begin (W.Pyeongtaek JC ~ W.Anseong IC)
- 7 December 1997 : Construction Begin (W.Anseong IC ~ Daeso JC)
- 12 December 2002 : W.Pyeongtaek JC ~ W.Anseong IC segment opens to traffic.
- 8 August 2007 : Construction Begin (Daeso JC ~ E.Chungju IC)
- 11 November 2008 : S.Anseong IC ~ Daeso JC segment opens to traffic.
- July 2009 : Construction Begin (E.Chungju IC ~ Jecheon JC / S.Jecheon IC)
- 24 July 2009 : N.Jincheon IC opens to traffic.
- 12 August 2013 : Daeso IC ~ Chungju JC segment opens to traffic.
- 26 November 2013 : Geumwang-Kkotdongnae IC opens to traffic.
- 31 October 2014 : Chungju JC ~ E.Chungju IC segment opens to traffic.
- 30 June 2015 : E.Chungju IC ~ Jecheon JC / S.Jecheon IC segment opens to traffic.
- W.Anseong IC ~ Jecheon JC / S.Jecheon IC : 4
- W.Pyeongtaek JC ~ Songtan IC, Anseong JC~W.Anseong IC : 6
- Songtan IC ~ Anseong JC : 8
- high 100km/h
- Low 50km/h
- File is made by Netizen named 'Nokcha-Hyanggi(녹차향기)' from 'Road Club'
Exits and Junctions
- IC: Interchange, JC: Junction, SA: Service Area, TG:Tollgate
|No.||Name||Korean Name||Hanja Name||Connections||Notes||Location|
|Connected directly with Pyeongtaek-Siheung Expressway|
|1||W.Pyeongtaek JC||서평택분기점||西平澤分岐點|| Seohaean Expressway
|2||Cheongbuk IC||청북나들목||靑北나들목||National Route 39|
|2-1||Pyeongtaek JC||평택분기점||平澤分岐點||Pyeongtaek-Hwaseong Expressway|
|3||Songtan IC||송탄나들목||松炭나들목||Provincial Route 302|
|4||Anseong JC||안성분기점||安城分岐點||Gyeongbu Expressway()||Anseong,
|5||W.Anseong IC||서안성나들목||西安城나들목||National Route 45|
|6||S.Anseong IC||남안성나들목||南安城나들목||Provincial Route 23,
Provincial Route 82
|7||N.Jincheon IC||북진천나들목||北鎭川나들목||National Route 17||Jincheon,
|8||Daeso JC||대소분기점||大所分岐點||Jungbu Expressway||Eumseong,
|9||Geumwang-Kkotdongne IC||금왕꽃동네나들목||金旺꽃동네나들목||National Route 21|
|10||Eumseong IC||음성나들목||陰城나들목|| National Route 37,
Provincial Route 82
|11||W.Chungju IC||서충주나들목||西忠州나들목||National Route 3||Chungju,
|12||Chungju JC||충주분기점||忠州分岐點||Jungbu Naeryuk Expressway|
|N.Chungju IC||북충주나들목||北忠州나들목||Provincial Route 82|
|14||E.Chungju IC||동충주나들목||東忠州나들목|| National Route 19
National Route 38
|15||Jecheon JC||제천분기점||堤川分岐點||Jungang Expressway||Jecheon,
|15-1||S.Jecheon IC||남제천나들목||南堤川나들목||Provincial Route 82|
|Jecheon~Samcheok Section will start construction|
- Republic of Korea Presidential Order 17228, "Expressway Route Designation Directive, August 25, 2001.
- Republic of Korea Presidential Order 17794, "Expressway Route Designation Directive, December 5, 2002.
- Republic of Korea Presidential Order 20526, "Expressway Route Designation Directive, January 3, 2008.
- 네이버카페 로드클럽