Location of Pyhäntä in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Jouko Nissinen|
|• Total||810.70 km2 (313.01 sq mi)|
|• Land||810.76 km2 (313.04 sq mi)|
|• Water||36.72 km2 (14.18 sq mi)|
|Area rank||96th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||284th largest in Finland|
|• Density||1.96/km2 (5.1/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99.8% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||22%|
|• 15 to 64||62.8%|
|• 65 or older||15.2%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.75%|
Pyhäntä is a municipality of Finland. It is located in the province of Oulu and is part of the Northern Ostrobothnia region. The municipality has a population of 1,587 (31 March 2016) and covers an area of 810.70 square kilometres (313.01 sq mi) of which 36.72 km2 (14.18 sq mi) is water. The population density is 1.96 inhabitants per square kilometre (5.1/sq mi). Neighbouring municipalities are Kajaani, Kiuruvesi, Kärsämäki, Pyhäjärvi, Siikalatva, and Vieremä. The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
There are several conservation areas located in the municipality. About 60% of the area is covered by swamps. Surface variation is larger compared to typical flat landscape in Ostrobothnia. One of the biggest lakes in the region is Iso Lamujärvi.
Ahokylä, Ojalankylä, Lamujoki, Tavastkenkä, and Viitamäki.
- "Population density by area 1.1.2016". Statistics Finland. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, maaliskuu.2016" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Pyhäntä at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Pyhäntä – Official website (in Finnish)
|This Oulu Province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|