|• Revised Romanization||Pyongsan-gun|
|Province||North Hwanghae Province|
Nuclear Waste Dump
The North Korean Cental Government and Taipower are in negotiations about shipping nuclear waste to P‘yŏngsan. The deal was "worth US$75.66 million envisaged shipping 60,000 barrels of nuclear waste, and a further 14,000 barrels in the second stage, with a total value of $150 million and that the North Koreans were after the deal as a source of foreign exchange" but has run into difficulty when Taipower could not get an "export permit for the waste from the Taiwanese Atomic Energy Council". According to Huang Tien-huang, a Taipower official, North Korea blocked Taipower from viewing the processing site at P‘yŏngsan. Due to several issues, the final contract was not signed. However, North Korea (through its attorney, Tsai Hui-ling) is suing Taipower for breach of contract.
- P‘yŏngsan Station, P'yŏngbu and Ch'ŏngnyŏn Ich'ŏn lines;
- Mulgae Station, P'yŏngbu Line
- Taebaeksansŏng Station, P'yŏngbu Line
- Kyejŏng Station, P'yŏngbu Line
Portrayal in Korean drama
Pyongsan County is the location of Ep09 35:48 of the 2014 tvN series The Three Musketeers.
- 台湾曾想将核废料埋在朝鲜 朝鲜起诉索要赔偿 (in Chinese). Mil.Huanqiu.com. 2013-03-05. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- Rank, Michael (March 15, 2013). "North Korean-Taiwan nuclear waste deal thwarted over export permit". NK Economy Watch. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- "North Korea to sue Taiwan Power over failed nuclear waste agreement .". Formosa English News. 3 March 2013. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
|This North Korea location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|