Jump to navigation Jump to search
As of 2007, The company's primary product is perforated magnetic tape, used to record sound for movie productions. They also produce magnetic inks and slurries used in the production of magnetic stripe cards.
- Pyral made the originals blank disks for the NASA Voyager spacecraft.
- Pyral was originally based in Créteil, France, but moved to the Avranches location in 1985.
- Prior to 2004, it was part of EMTEC, BASF, and Rhône-Poulenc.
- From 2004 until the acquisition by Mulann, it was an independent company.
- In 2012, Pyral acquired RMGI, a maker of analog tape used for sound recording.
- In 2015, after financial difficulties integrating RMGI, Pyral was acquired by Mulann.