Pyrroline-5-carboxylate reductase 1 dekamer, Human
|PDB structures||RCSB PDB PDBe PDBsum|
|Gene Ontology||AmiGO / QuickGO|
- L-proline + NAD(P)+ 1-pyrroline-5-carboxylate + NAD(P)H + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-NH group of donors with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is L-proline:NAD(P)+ 5-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include proline oxidase, L-proline oxidase, 1-pyrroline-5-carboxylate reductase, NADPH-L-Delta1-pyrroline carboxylic acid reductase, and L-proline-NAD(P)+ 5-oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in arginine and proline metabolism.
- PYCR1, nuclear gene for mitochondrial protein
- PYCR2, nuclear gene for mitochondrial protein
- PYCR3 (formerly PYCRL), cytosolic protein
- Adams E; Goldstone A (1960). "Hydroxyproline metabolism. III. Enzymatic synthesis of hydroxyproline from Delta1-pyrroline-3-hydroxy-5-carboxylate". J. Biol. Chem. 235: 3499–3503.
- Meister A, Radhakrishnan AN, Buckley SD (1957). "Enzymatic synthesis of L-pipecolic acid and L-proline". J. Biol. Chem. 229 (2): 789–800. PMID 13502341.
- Smith ME; Greenberg DM. "Characterization of an enzyme reducing pyrroline-5-carboxylate to proline". N. Lond. Nature: 1130.
- Yura T; Vogel HJ (1959). "Pyrroline-5-carboxylate reductase of Neurospora crassa: partial purification and some properties". J. Biol. Chem. 234: 335–338.
|This EC 1.5 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|