This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Operating system||Cross-platform / HTML5|
|Type||Integrated development environment, Web hosting service|
PythonAnywhere is an online Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and Web hosting service based on the Python programming language. It provides in-browser access to server-based Python and Bash Command-line interfaces, along with a code editor with Syntax highlighting. Program files can be transferred to and from the service using the user's browser. Web applications hosted by the service can be written using any WSGI-based application framework.
PythonAnywhere was created by Resolver Systems, who also produced Resolver One, a Python-based Spreadsheet program. On 16 October 2012 the product was acquired by a new company, PythonAnywhere LLP, who will develop and maintain the product in the future, and have taken on the existing development team.
- CPython, PyPy and IPython support, including Python versions 2.6, 2.7, 3.3 and 3.4
- In-browser interactive consoles with code running on hosted servers, shareable between multiple users.
- WSGI-based web hosting, e.g. Django, Flask, web2py
- Support for coding from iPad and other mobile devices.
- Syntax-highlighting in-browser editor.
- Many popular Python modules pre-installed
- Cron-like scheduled tasks to run scripts at a given time of day.
PythonAnywhere is described as "the simplest way to deploy web2py applications" in the official book on the web framework, is suggested when learning numpy, and is recommended as a way of hosting machine learning-based web applications.
- "PythonAnywhere: un ambiente Python nel proprio browser". html.it.
- "Products - Resolver Systems". Resolver Systems.
- "Resolver Systems News: Acquisition". Resolver Systems.
- "Installation-Free Programming in the Cloud". Develop in the Cloud.
- Massimo Di Pierro (2013). web2py (5th Edition). Lulu.com. pp. 568–. ISBN 978-0-578-12021-8.
- Ivan Idris (29 April 2015). NumPy Cookbook - Second Edition. Packt Publishing Ltd. pp. 85–. ISBN 978-1-78439-982-5.
- Sebastian Raschka (23 September 2015). Python Machine Learning. Packt Publishing Ltd. pp. 272–. ISBN 978-1-78355-514-7.