A screenshot of qBittorrent v4.1.1-2 running under Manjaro Linux
|Original author(s)||Christophe Dumez|
|Developer(s)||Sledgehammer999, Christophe Dumez, Ishan Arora, Stefanos Antaris, Mohammad Dib|
|Initial release||May 16, 2006|
4.1.2 / August 12, 2018
|Preview release||N/A [±]|
|Written in||C++ (Qt), Python|
|Operating system||Cross-platform: FreeBSD, Linux, macOS, OS/2, Windows|
|Available in||~70 languages|
qBittorrent is a cross-platform client for the BitTorrent protocol that is released under the GNU GPL, version 2. qBittorrent aims to be a free and open-source software alternative to popular clients such as μTorrent.
qBittorrent is written in C++, and thus is a native application. It uses Boost, Qt toolkit (version 4 or 5), and libtorrent-rasterbar library (for the torrent back-end). Its optional search engine is written in Python, so systems without a Python implementation installed cannot use that.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2012)
This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (February 2017)
Some of the features present in qBittorrent include:
- Bandwidth scheduler
- Bind all traffic to a specific interface
- Control over torrents, trackers and peers (Torrents queueing and prioritizing and Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- Cross-platform: Windows, Linux, macOS, FreeBSD, OS/2
- DHT, PeX, encrypted connections, LSD, UPnP, NAT-PMP port forwarding support, µTP, magnet links, private torrents
- IP filtering: file types eMule dat, or PeerGuardian
- Supports IPv6, but cannot use IPv4 and IPv6 at once
- Integrated RSS feed reader (with advanced download filters) and downloader
- Integrated torrent search engine (Simultaneous search in many Torrent search sites and Category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Software))
- Remote control through Secure Web User Interface
- Sequential downloading (Download in order)
- Super-seeding option
- Torrent creation tool
- Torrent queuing, filtering, and prioritizing
- Unicode support, available in ~70 languages
Packages for different Linux distributions are available, though most are provided through official channels via various distributions.
- "Team members", qBittorrent.org
- Oldest available changelog
- "Download", qBittorrent.org
- qBittorrent unstable builds, SourceForge.net
- "qBittorrent", Analysis Summary, Ohloh, retrieved 2012-08-23
- "Localization of qBittorrent". qBittorrent.org. Archived from the original on 2013-08-14. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "Copying file", qBittorrent.org
- "qBittorrent Official Website".
- "qBittorrent is under a new maintainer". qBittorrent official forums.
- "GitHub Pull Request to enable dual-stack for qBittorrent". qBittorrent on GitHub.
- "Download Statistics: All Files". SourceForge.
- Martin Brinkmann (21 February 2012). "Looking For A uTorrent Alternative? Try qBittorrent". Ghacks. gHacks Technology News. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to QBittorrent.|