QNAP Systems, Inc.
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Quality Network Appliance Provider
|Industry||Network Attached Storage
Network Video Recorder
|Headquarters||New Taipei City, Taiwan|
|Products||Turbo NAS, VioStor NVR, Digital Signage, Video Wall Controllers|
QNAP Systems, Inc. (Chinese: 威聯通科技) is a Taiwanese corporation that specializes in providing networked solutions for file sharing, virtualization, storage management and surveillance applications to address corporate, SMB, SOHO and home user needs.
QNAP, standing for “Quality Network Appliance Provider” was founded in 2004 as a subsidiary of IEI Integration Corporation, an industrial computing service provider in Taiwan. QNAP was formerly Internet Appliance Department under IEI Group focusing on Network Storage, Digital Surveillance, and Message Communication. In 2004, the department was spun off into QNAP System Inc. and became a wholly owned subsidiary under IEI Group. In 2006, QNAP launched its Turbo NAS TS-101 the company's first NAS with SATA interface .
Founded in 2004 and headquartered in Xizhi District, New Taipei City, Taiwan; QNAP has offices located in Pomona, Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, the United Kingdom, Netherlands, and Germany. Since July 2011, QNAP has been an Associate Member of Intel’s Intelligent Systems Alliance. QNAP is one of the global NAS vendors and ranked 2nd with its market share of 13.8% by units shipped out in 2011. Currently[when?] QNAP has more than 1000 employees around the world.
QNAP's main products include Network-Attached Storage (NAS), Network Video Recorders (NVR) and Digital Signage (DS.) The company’s product lineup and services include Turbo NAS, VioStor NVR, digital signage players and video wall controllers.
- Received ISO 27001:2013 certification in information security management, in 2014.
- HS-210 Turbo NAS received 2014 iF Product Design Award
- TS-469 Pro Turbo NAS featured in PCWorld's 50 Best Tech Products of 2013
- "IEI Integration Corporation". IEI Integration Corporation. Retrieved 2014-07-12.
- "IEI Integration Corporation Company Profile (Chinese: 威達電股份有限公司)". MoneyDJ.com. Retrieved 2014-07-12.
- "Industrial PC Supplier IEI Announces Formation of Medical PC Provider PACSmate Technology Corp". IndustrialPR. Retrieved 2014-07-12.
- "QNAP Systems, Inc. Intel® Intelligent Systems Alliance". intelintelligentsystemsalliance.com. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- "Top 2011 NAS Vendors: EMC in Sales, Netgear in Units". storagenewsletter.com. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- "Global Consumer NAS Market 2014-2018 with Apple, Buffalo Technology, LenovoEMC, Netgear, QNAP & Western Digital Corp Dominating". Research and Markets. Retrieved 2014-07-12.
- "Mile Stones in QNAP's History". qnap.com. Retrieved 2014-08-07.
- "iF product design award 2014". iF Awards. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- "PCWorld's 50 Best Tech Products of 2013". pcworld.com. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to QNAP Systems.|