|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009)|
|Type||Video game development studio|
|Industry||Software & programming|
|Founded||October 10, 2003|
|Key people||Tetsuya Mizuguchi (Chief Creative Officer, co-founder)|
Q Entertainment creates, produces, and publishes in digital entertainment content across multiple game consoles, PC broadband and mobile units. It was founded on October 10, 2003 by Tetsuya Mizuguchi, formerly of Sega (where he was best known for producing the Dreamcast games Space Channel 5 and Rez), and Shuji Utsumi, former founding member of Sony Computer Entertainment America, Senior VP of Sega Enterprise, and head of Disney (Buena Vista Games) Asia.
It is best known for their music and luminary action puzzle game series Lumines, which was released worldwide in 2004/2005 for the PlayStation Portable system and has now developed into mobile (Lumines Mobile), Xbox Live Arcade (Lumines Live!) and PlayStation 2 (Lumines Plus) platforms. Q Entertainment’s line-up also includes the action puzzle title Meteos for the Nintendo DS and fantasy action title Ninety-Nine Nights for the Xbox 360. Their latest title, Lumines Electronic Symphony, was released in February 2012 for the PlayStation Vita.
- Lumines — (2004) (PlayStation Portable)
- Meteos — (2005) (Nintendo DS)
- Every Extend Extra — (2006) (PlayStation Portable)
- Lumines Live! — (2006) (Xbox Live Arcade)
- Lumines II — (2006) (PlayStation Portable)
- Every Extend Extra Extreme — (2007) (Xbox Live Arcade)
- Meteos Wars — (2008) (Xbox Live Arcade)
- Lumines Supernova — (2008) (PlayStation 3)
- Q?pid -FINGER PUZZLE- — (2009) (Apple iOS)
- Lumines Touch Fusion — (2009) (Apple iOS)
- Child of Eden (2011) (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)
- Lumines Electronic Symphony (2012) (PlayStation Vita)
- Guardian Hearts Online (2012) (PlayStation Vita)
Games co-developed and released
- Ninety-Nine Nights (N3) — (2006) (Xbox 360) co-developed by Phantagram
- Lumines Mobile — (2006) (Mobile Phone)
- Meteos Mobile — (2006) (Mobile Phone)
- Battle Stadium D.O.N — (2006) (Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 2), co-developed by Takara Tomy and Eighting Co., Ltd.
- Gunpey DS — (2006) (Nintendo DS), co-developed by Koto Laboratory
- Gunpey — (2006) (PlayStation Portable), co-developed by Koto Laboratory
- Lumines Plus — (2007) (PlayStation 2)
- Meteos: Disney Edition — (2007) (Nintendo DS)
- Lumines — (2007) (PC)
- Rez HD — (2008) (Xbox Live Arcade)
- Meteos Online — (2007) (PC)
- Angels Online — (2007) (PC, PlayStation 3)
- Peggle — (2009) (Nintendo DS)
- Ninety-Nine Nights II (2010) (Xbox 360), co-developed by feelplus
- Destiny of Spirits (2013) (Playstation Vita), co-developed by SCE Japan Studio
Games in development
- "Child of Eden Updated Hands-On: Evolution and the Journey Project". Gamespot. 2010-09-28. Retrieved 2010-09-29.
- Tanaka, John (2009-05-15). "IGN: Q's New MMORPG for PS3". IGN. Fox Interactive. Retrieved 2009-05-17.