Qaasim Asani Malik Seawright-Middleton
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
Qaasim Asani Malik Seawright-Middleton is an American actor, singer and musician best known for his role on The Naked Brothers Band. Qaasim is also known for his role on the HBO documentary movie The Music in Me. In 2015, he became a finalist in season 14 of American Idol.
Qaasim Middleton was born in Brooklyn, New York. He is the son of actor/musician-songwriter Keith Middleton, who performed in the New York cast of STOMP, and actress/singer-songwriter Toni Seawright, the first African American Miss Mississippi and a 4th runner-up in Miss America. He graduated from Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts.
Middleton is the guitar player for The Naked Brothers Band. He is the newest member to the band and is the replacement for Cole Hawkins and Joshua Kaye as lead guitarist. In the show, it is revealed that he is greatly influenced by Jimi Hendrix. He was also featured in HBO's The Music in Me where he performed as a percussionist.
While in the Top 11, after receiving the lowest number of votes for the week, Middleton was given by the judges the only elimination save of the season and ended up in eighth place.
Performances & results
|Episode||Theme||Song choice||Original artist||Order||Result|
|Audition||Auditioner's Choice||Sir Duke||Stevie Wonder||N/A||Advanced|
|Hollywood Round - Solo||Auditioner's Choice||Give Me Love||Ed Sheeran||N/A||Advanced|
|Hollywood Round - Group||Group Performance||"Story of My Life"
(with Daniel Seavey, Savion Wright and Trevor Douglas)
|House of Blues (Top 48)||Solo||N/A||Advanced|
|Top 24 (12 Men)||Personal Choice||"Uptown Funk"||Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars||12||Advanced|
|Top 16||Motown||"I Wish"||Stevie Wonder||7||Safe|
|Top 12||Back to the Start||"Sir Duke"||Stevie Wonder||8|
|Top 11||Party Songs||"Jet"||Paul McCartney||6||Saved|
|Movie Night||"Come Together"||The Beatles||11||Safe|
|Top 9||Songs from the 1980s||"Addicted to Love"||Robert Palmer||8|
|Top 8||Evening with Kelly Clarkson||"Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)"||Kelly Clarkson||6||Eliminated|
|Top 7||Billboard Hot 100||"Hey Ya!"||Outkast||N/A|
|2015||"Addicted to Love"|
|"Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)|
- The Naked Brothers Band (TV series) (2007–2009)
- The Naked Brothers Band: Battle of the Bands (2007)
- The Naked Brothers Band: Sidekicks (2008)
- The Naked Brothers Band: Polar Bears (2008)
- The Naked Brothers Band: Mystery Girl (2008)
- The Naked Brothers Band: Operation Mojo (2008)
- The Naked Brothers Band: Naked Idol (2009)
- The Naked Brothers Band: The Premiere (2009)
- American Idol (2015)
- The Get Down (2016)
- Angermiller, Michele Amabile 'American Idol' Finalist Qaasim Middleton: 'I Want to Pack Stadiums in a Year or Two' Billboard. June 30, 2015
- Gamboa, Glenn 'American Idol': Brooklyn's Qaasim Middleton out of competition Newsday. June 30, 2015
- "Kidsday Talks With Nickelodeon's Qaasim Middleton". Los Angeles Times. Washington Post News Service. July 8, 2008.
- Campbell, Donna (January 22, 2015). "South Mississippians make a showing on 'American Idol'". Sun Herald. Biloxi, Mississippi.
- "The Music in Me (2006) (TV) - Full cast and crew". IMDb.
|This article about an American television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|