|• City||30 km2 (10 sq mi)|
|• Urban||204,953 |
|Time zone||UTC+3:30 (IRST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+4:30 (IRDT)|
Qaem Shahr pronunciation (help·info) (Persian: قائمشهر, also Romanized as Qā’em Shahr; formerly known as Shāhi (Persian: Ŝāhi)  is a city and capital of Qaem Shahr County, Mazandaran Province, Iran. At the 2016 census, its population was 204,953.
Originally known as Aliyabad, the name Ŝâhi (Shāhi) was used until the Iranian Revolution in 1979 when the city acquired its current name.
In 1951, Qa'em Shahr's population was around 18,000, growing to 123,684 in 1991. The city has a lot of problems with the growing population. Although the maze of Seyyed Mahalleh has kept its old shape, the old houses with gardens are replaced with apartment buildings. The roads are still too small, especially in the center of the town, and the rest of the infrastructure does not match the need.
World and Olympic champion weightlifter Behdad Salimi hails from Qaem Shahr. The city is where the North Iranian railway quits the fertile plains of Mazandaran to cross the highest mountain range of the Middle East, the Elburz.
- Ramin Mirzaeian (b. 1961) - football player
- Nader Dastneshan (b. 1960) - football player and coach
- Fereydoon Fazli (b. 1971) - football player
- Babak Nourzad (b. 1978) - wrestler
- Mojtaba Tarshiz (b. 1978) - football player
- Farshid Talebi (b. 1981) - football player
- Maysam Baou (b. 1983) - football player
- Mehdi Jafarpour (b. 1984) - football player
- Mehrdad Oladi (b. 1985 d.2016) - football player
- Mehrdad Kafshgari (b. 1987) - football player
- Behdad Salimi (b. 1989) - weightlifter
- Mohammad Abbaszadeh (b. 1990) - football player
- Ali Alipour (b. 1995) - football player
- Farhad Majidi - football player
- Behnam Tayyebi - wrestler
- Jaber Sadeghzadeh (b. 1991) - wrestler
- Ahmad Mohammadi (b. 1989) - wrestler
- Mansour Sadeghi - pop singer
- Mansour Hedayati-(residence) - poet
- Islamic Azad University of Qaemshahr
- Telar jungle park
- Qaem Shahr can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3078746" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.
|This Qaem Shahr County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|