Qais Al Khonji
|Qais Al Khonji|
19 August 1978|
|Occupation||CEO, Genesis International|
Qais Al Khonji (Arabic: قيس الخنجي) is an Omani businessman and entrepreneur. He is the founder of Qais United Enterprises Trading and Genesis International. He serves as a board member for many Omani companies and is known for assisting Omani citizens with overcoming the hurdles of starting small businesses in the country.
Early and Personal Life
Qais Al-Khonji graduated from Atlantic College in Wales in 1998, obtaining his International Baccalaureate Diploma. Following his graduation, he moved to Leicester, England that same year and finished his bachelor's degree in business information systems in De Montfort University.
In 2010, Qais decided to begin his own business, Qais United, which was a simple trading company that bought goods from China and sold them to individuals.
In the year 2012, Qais established his second company (Genesis International), which is currently providing IT solutions, in addition to trying to implement the so-called (Smart City), which should facilitate electronic payment of bills for water and electricity within a certain population range. The company is now seeking to try to apply this system in the Omani capital Muscat and some parts of India.
In 2013, Qais established a successful enhanced oil recovery business called Genesis Projects and Investments LLC - EOR Lab Services and he is currently running it.
Also, Al-Khonji is a board member of Oman Fisheries since 2006, a board member of Oman National Engineering & Investment CO. since 2009, a board member of Sharakah which specifically encourages and supports the development of entrepreneurs and SMEs in the Oman since 2011. Qais is also a board member of Muscat National Holding since 2013.
He has also been recognized by his government as a representative of the country and was appointed as a member of the Entrepreneurs' Organization to meet with former Indian President Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam to discuss Indian-Omani business relations.
In 2015, he was chosen as Business Worldwide Magazine's 'Social Entrepreneur of the Year' for Oman.
- "Qais Al-Khonji, Co-Owner, Genesis International". The Prospectus Group. 12 November 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- INC Staff Writer, . (18 November 2012). "Business In Oman Is More Than Just Profit For Qais Al-Khonji". Industry News Corp. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- "Obstacles: Perception vs Reality". Oman Economic Review. 13 December 2011. Archived from the original on 10 December 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- Lopes, Andrea (April 2013). "Practical Selling". Business Today. Retrieved 21 June 2013.[permanent dead link]
- Bhattacharjee, Madhuparna (19 January 2013). "New Oman Firm To Promote Medical Tourism In India". Muscat Daily. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "Education In Indian Made Simpler". Oman Observer. 30 January 2013. Archived from the original on 28 June 2013. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "Qais al-Khonji, Oman Businessman"
- "Qais al-Khonji, Oman Businessman"
- "Genesis International Co-Owner Qais Al-Khonji on entrepreneurship in Oman". The Prospect Group.
- "Business Start-Up Tips From Leading Omani Entrepreneur [Interview]". Guardian Liberty Voice.
- "Qais Al Khonji: The voice of entrepreneurship in Oman", Times of Oman, 29 August 2015. Accessed 4 September 2015.
- "Muscat National Holding - Board of Directors". Muscat National Holding.
- EO Staff Global. "Former India President Meets With EO Oman". Entrepreneurs’ Organization. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- "Al-Khonji wins 'Social Entrepreneur of the Year Oman’ award", Trade Arabia, 3 September 2015. Accessed 4 September 2015.
- "Omani businessman listed among Gulf's top 10 talented entrepreneurs". Times of Oman. Retrieved 2017-09-05.