Qala i Naw Airport
|Qala i Naw Airport د قلعه نوهوائی ډګر|
|Operator||Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF)
|Serves||Qala i Naw, Badghis Province|
|Location||Qala i Naw, Afghanistan|
|Elevation AMSL||2,968 ft / 905 m|
Qala i Naw Airport (IATA: LQN, ICAO: OAQN) is a small airport serving the city of Qala i Naw in Badghis Province, Afghanistan. It is also known as Qala Nau Airport. It previously had scheduled services with the now defunct Pamir Airways. This airport is unique in the fact that the runway was originally a highway utilized when there was no air traffic. When aircraft arrived, Spanish soldiers of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) closed down the highway and it becomes a runway. The runway lies adjacent to the site of a former Spanish forward operating base (FOB), now transferred to the Afghan government. The airport is mainly used for military purposes, including by the Afghan Air Force (AAF). Qala e Naw Airport is located next to Qala i Naw Airport.
- Airport record for Qala-I-Naw Airport at Landings.com. Retrieved 2013-8-1
- AIP Afghanistan - Important Information
- Airport information for OAQN at Great Circle Mapper.
- Accident history for LQN at Aviation Safety Network
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 3, 2011. Retrieved October 25, 2011.
- Airport record for Qala-I-Naw Airport at Landings.com.
|This article about an Afghan airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|