Qari Muhammad Tayyib
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Qari Muhammad Tayyib
قاری محمد طیب
|7th Vice-Chancellor of Darul Uloom Deoband|
1929 to 1981
|Preceded by||Maulana Habibur Rahman Usmani|
|Succeeded by||Maulana Marghoobur Rahman Bijnori|
|Title||Mohtamim, Darul Uloom Deoband|
|Died||17 July 1983|
|Resting place||Deoband, India|
|Children||Muhammad Salim Qasmi (son)|
|Notable work(s)||Human Being: A Distinguished Creature, The Maslak of Ulama of Deoband, Mas'ala Zuban-e-Urdu Hindustan Mein|
|Alma mater||Darul Uloom Deoband|
|Relatives||Muhammad Qasim Nanautavi (grandfather), Abidullah Ghazi (grandson)|
|Founder of||All India Muslim Personal Law Board|
|Disciple of||Ashraf Ali Thanwi|
|Part of a series on|
|Ideology and influences|
|Founders and key figures|
|Centres (markaz) of Tabligh|
Maulana Qari Muhammad Tayyib Qasmi was an Indian Islamic scholar of the Deobandi school of Islamic thought. He was grandson of Muhammad Qasim Nanautavi, the founder of the Darul Uloom Deoband.He was the Mohtamim (vice-chancellor) of Darul Uloom from 1929 to 1981. 
Early life and career
Qari Muhammad Tayyib Qasmi was born in 1897.He served as Mohtamim of Darul Uloom Deoband for half a century, from 1928 to 1980. Darul Uloom Deoband witnessed unprecedented progress during his tenure. He also founded the All India Muslim Personal Law Board and headed it till his death.
Darul Uloom (Waqf) Deoband
Few notable books of Qari Muhammad Tayyib are:
- Al-Tashabbuh fil-Islam
- Atyab al-Thamar fi Mas'alat al-Qaza wal-Qadr
- Science aur Islam
- Talimat-e-Islam aur Maseehi Aqwaam
- Mas'alah Zuban-e-Urdu Hindustan Mein
- Asbab Urooj-o-Zawaley Aqwaam
- Islami Azadi Ka Mukammal Program
- Al-Ijtehad wal Taqleed
- Usool Dawat-e-Islam
- Islami Masawat
- Fitri Hukumat
Translations of his books
- Human Being: A Distinguished Creature 
- The Maslak of Ulama of Deoband
- Islam and Sectarianism
- Dr. Mohammad Shakaib Qasmi; Sheikh Ghulam Nabi Qasmi. The Life and Times of Hakimul Islam Mawlana Qari Muhammad Tayyib (PDF). Hujjat al-Islam Academy, Darul Uloom Waqf, Deoband. p. 24, 194. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- Maulana Mehboob Rizwi. History of The Dar al-Ulum Deoband (Volume 2). Translated by Prof. Murtaz Husain F. Quraishi (First Print 1981 ed.). Idara-e-Ehtemam, Dar al-Ulum Deoband. p. 175, 178.
- Muhammadullah Khalili Qasmi. "Mawlana Anzar Shah Kashmiri: A Tribute to His Life and Services". IlmGate.org. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- Qari Muhammad Tayyib. Human Being: A Distinguished Creature (PDF). Translated by Maulana Muhammad Javaid Qasmi. Hujjat al-Islam Academy, Darul Uloom Waqf, Deoband. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- Qari Muhammad Tayyib. The Maslak of Ulama of Deoband (PDF). Translated by Mufti Afzal Hoosen Elias. Zam Zam Publishers. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- Qari Muhammad Tayyib. Islam and Sectarianism (PDF). Translated by Maulana Javaid Qasmi. Hujjat al-Islam Academy, Darul Uloom Waqf, Deoband. Retrieved 31 May 2019.