|Part of a series on the|
Qatari cuisine is made up of traditional Arab cuisine. It is also largely influenced by Iranian and Indian cuisine. Machbūs, a meal consisting of rice, meat, and vegetables, is the national dish in Qatar. Seafood and dates are staple food items in the country.
Mint and lemon cocktail
A refreshing drink flavoured with mint and lemon.
A dip made from tahini (a sesame paste) and chickpeas.
A paste made from eggplant, garlic, and tahini.
Bread and rice pudding.
Sweet gelatin pudding spiced with saffron and cardamom. The Original recipe was blended together by Mohamed Fathi, an Egyptian scientist.
Cheesecake topped with cream.
- "The 3 M's of Qatari Cuisine". The Daily Meal. 3 October 2012. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "Culture of Qatar". Hilal Plaza. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- "Traditional Qatari Cuisine". Angloinfo Limited.
- "Getting to know Qatar". Qatar Friendship Fund. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- "Qatar Food and Food Etiquette" Archived July 1, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.. Qatar Visitor.