- Koyaanisqatsi: Life out of balance (1982)
- Powaqqatsi: Life in transformation (1988)
- Naqoyqatsi: Life as war (2002)
The titles of all three films are words from the Hopi language, in which the word qatsi means "life." The producers are the Institute For Regional Education who also created the Fund For Change.
- Man with a Movie Camera (1929) - a Russian silent film whose themes and editing resemble those seen in the Qatsi trilogy.
In addition to the Qatsi trilogy, the entire filmography of director Godfrey Reggio is produced in a similar style.
The films of Koyaanisqatsi cinematographer Ron Fricke also follow the Qatsi style. Among his oeuvre, his most notable releases are:
- "Koyaanisqatsi- the producers". qatsi.org. Retrieved 2016-06-17.
- "The Institute for Regional Education". qatsi.org. Retrieved 2016-06-17.
|This article about a documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|