- Koyaanisqatsi: Life Out of Balance (1982)
- Powaqqatsi: Life in Transformation (1988)
- Naqoyqatsi: Life as War (2002)
The titles of all three films are words from the Hopi language, in which the word qatsi translates to "life." The series was produced by the Institute For Regional Education, who also created the Fund For Change.
- Man with a Movie Camera (1929), a Russian silent film whose themes and editing resemble those seen in the Qatsi trilogy.
Many of director Godfrey Reggio's other works use techniques and stylistic elements he first explored in the Qatsi trilogy.
- "Koyaanisqatsi- the producers". qatsi.org. Retrieved 2016-06-17.
- "The Institute for Regional Education". qatsi.org. Retrieved 2016-06-17.
|This article about a documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|