|Fleet||120 (June 2019)|
Qcity Transit, formerly Deane's Buslines, is an Australian bus operator which provides services within the Queanbeyan and Jerrabomberra region of New South Wales as well as services from Queanbeyan to nearby Canberra and Bungendore. It is a subsidiary of ComfortDelGro Australia.
In 1977, Doug Lever purchased the long established Queanbeyan to Canberra Quodling Brothers operation. In July 1990 Lever Coachlines route bus operations were sold to Dennis Deane trading as Queanbeyan - Canberra Bus Service. Deane was already established in Canberra having purchased the Canberra and Snowy Mountains business of Pioneer Trailways in April 1989 with 17 coaches.
In March 1992, the Sydney - Canberra - Snowy Mountains service was sold to Australian Coachlines with Queanbeyan - Canberra Bus Service rebranded as Deane's Buslines. Deane was the son of Ron Deane who operated Clipper Tours, Deanes Coaches and South Trans in Sydney. Over the next few years, Deane would purchase most of the school bus operations in the surrounding area including those of Lever Coachlines in 1994, Federal Highway Bus Co in July 1995 and Murrays in November 1997.
In December 2001, Edwards Bus Service, Eden and Merimbula was purchased and became Deane's Buslines South Coast. This business was sold in 2005 to Deane's daughter and son-in-law Jamie and Anton Klemm, but continued to operate under the Deane's Buslines name until February 2013.
In July 2008, Transborder Express, which operates Yass to Canberra services as well as charter and school services, was purchased from Max Williams, to form Deane's Transit Group. The Transborder business was gradually combined with Deane's Buslines including the closure of Transborder's depot in Mitchell, ACT with all vehicles transferred to Deane's depot in Queanbeyan.
In September 2012, Deane's Transit Group was sold to ComfortDelGro Cabcharge. In July 2013, the Queanbeyan services of Deane's Buslines were rebranded as Qcity Transit with the Transborder Express name reinstated for the Yass to Canberra services.
As at June 2019, the Qcity Transit fleet consisted of 120 buses.
Qcity Transit Smart Card
Qcity Transit issues a smart card for use on its buses and Transborder Express buses.
- "Pioneer Tours" Australian Bus Panorama 6/3 October 1990 page 42
- "Pioneer Tours" Fleetline October 1993 page 17
- "Deane's Transit Group Queanbeyan-Canberra" Australian Bus March 2013 page 10
- Sapphire Coast Buslines Australian Bus Fleetlists
- Transborder bus takeover boosts Deane's fleet to 120 Canberra Times 19 August 2008
- Knaus, Christopher (3 August 2012). "Foreign firm to pay $53m for Qbn buses". Canberra Times. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- Canberra Archived 10 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine ComfortDelGro
- CDC Group Qcity Transit & Transborder Express, Queanbeyan Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- "Smart Card - Qcity Transit". qcitytransit.com.au. Retrieved 14 August 2021.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Qcity Transit.|