Japan Expo 2010 at Paris France.
|Born||銭琳 (Qian Lin)
March 11, 1991
Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
|Other names||Linlin, Lin Lin|
|Years active||2007 - present|
Qian Lin (simplified Chinese: 钱琳; traditional Chinese: 銭琳; pinyin: Qián Lín; born March 11, 1991 in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China), better known in Japan as Linlin (リンリン), is a former Morning Musume member and leader of the Hello! Project sub-group Shin Minimoni. She was announced to be joining as the eighth generation of Morning Musume on March 15, 2007. Along with Li Chun, she is one of the only two members in the history of Morning Musume that are of non-Japanese origin.
When Linlin was in the second grade of elementary school (1999), she was scouted by a local television station. Since then, she has been active in the entertainment industry, appearing in many television dramas and other shows as a host in China.
Through the recommendation of a friend of Tsunku, the producer of Hello! Project (which Morning Musume is under), Linlin joined Hello! Project as a part of Hello! Pro Egg, a training center for practicing singing and dancing.
On March 15, 2007, she (along with Junjun) were officially announced to be joining the eighth generation of all girl J-pop group Morning Musume, as a "foreign student". After seeing her perform at concerts, Tsunku was impressed and believed that she and Junjun would be key for Morning Musume's planned expansion into Asia in 2007.
In the Morning Musume 2010 ~Rival Survival~ fall concert tour, Linlin graduated from Morning Musume and Hello Project along with Junjun and Eri Kamei. Due to her graduating from Morning Musume and Hello Project, she also left the group Minimoni.
On August 12, 2011, Takamasa Sakurai Tweeted that Linlin and the former Hello! Pro Egg member Akari Saho, would be forming a special unit. They will be performing a mini live at a Harajuku fashion show in Harbin, China.
Discography and releases
- Tsunku (3 June 2009). "Mini Moni" (in Japanese). Tsunku Official Blog.
- "Morning Musume new eighth generation members news" (in Japanese). Retrieved 15 March 2007.
- Robert Michael Poole (2009-03-13). "Morning Musume not ready to graduate yet". The Japan Times. Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- "cnhan.com: 超女加入日本"早安少女組"" (in Chinese). 18 March 2007. Archived from the original on 15 June 2007.
- "Sanspo news article" (in Japanese). Archived from the original on 20 March 2007. Retrieved 15 March 2007.
- "takungpao.com: 早安少女組最後板斧挽人氣" (in Chinese). 17 March 2007. Archived from the original on 2 May 2007. Retrieved 18 March 2007.
- "Shocker! Morning Musume to get two new members". Hello!Online. Retrieved 15 March 2007.
- http://ameblo.jp/upfront-girls-news/entry-10985518878.html - Up-Front Girls' official blog
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Qian Lin.|
- Qian Lin's official Blog on Sina.com.cn (in Chinese)