Screenshot of example QikPad users collaborating
|Available in||English, French and Spanish|
QikPad shut down in late 2014.
QikPad works with no sign-up required. Once a pad has been created, functions include:
- Collaborative text editing - all users can update a pad without having to sign in
- Chat – there is chat box that allows users to talk without changing the text window
- History rewind – users can cycle back through the history of a pad
QikPad is a browser-based application that runs on various operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS and Linux. Tested browsers include Internet Explorer 7+, Firefox 3.0+, Chrome 4+, and Safari 4+.
QikPad is a web-based tool, so will work on any computer with a broadband connection.
- Collaborative software
- List of collaborative software
- Document collaboration
- Document-centric collaboration
- Cloud collaboration
- Etherpad Lite Github "Sites That Run Etherpad" Retrieved on 2013-02-23.
- Times of India "QikPad" Retrieved on 2013-02-19.
- Examiner.com "5 sites for web 2.0 applications from 2012 to integrate into the classroom" Published 2012-12-18.
- MakeUseOf "QikPad: Collaborate Notepad Online" Retrieved on 2013-02-07.
- Addictive Tips "QikPad: Create, Modify & Share Documents In A Collaborated Environment" Retrieved on 2013-02-23.
- Free Technology For Teachers "QikPad - An Instant Collaborative Writing Platform" Retrieved on 2013-02-23.
- Freeware Genius "Collaborate on projects and keep documents and code in sync with QikPad" Retrieved on 2013-02-19.
- I Love Free Software "Free Online Collaboration Service: QikPad" Retrieved on 2013-02-23.
- DE Tools of The Trade "QIKPAD: Document Collaboration App"[permanent dead link] Retrieved on 2013-02-23.
- ESC Region 13 "QikPad – Free and Easy Co-Authoring" Retrieved on 2013-02-23.