|Elevation||5,026 ft (1,532 m)|
|Time zone||CAT (UTC+2)|
|Coordinates computed from Lesotho Villages file.|
The profile of Mount Qiloane, the legendary conical mountain close to Thaba Bosiu, and described by Masupha as Mother and Father, inspired the traditional Basotho Hat called mokorotlo.[dead link] Qiloane Hill is crowned by a pillar of Cave Sandstone some 100 feet high. It is about 15 feet broad on top, and is composed of three immense steps gradually tapering to a point. Elevation of the hilltop is 5,640 ft (1,719 m) and is located at coordinates .
The community of Qiloane includes the villages of Boqate (Ha Majara), Ha 'Mamotho, Ha Bosofo, Ha Fako, Ha Jobo, Ha Khoabane, Ha Lekoro, Ha Lenono, Ha Lephoi, Ha Lesoiti, Ha Lithupa, Ha Maja, Ha Majara, Ha Makhalanyane, Ha Makhoathi, Ha Mamotho, Ha Mathula, Ha Mohalanyane, Ha Mohasoa, Ha Mosalla, Ha Mothae, Ha Motloheloa, Ha Motsu, Ha Mpesi, Ha Nkhata, Ha Ntlama, Ha Ntsane, Ha Qhali, Ha Rafutho, Ha Ramakha, Ha Ramoejane, Ha Rapheko, Ha Raphuthi, Ha Rasenkisi, Ha Rathoko, Ha Seeiso, Ha Sekete, Ha Sofonia, Ha Teronko, Ha Thiba-Khoali, Ha Tonki, Khokhotsaneng, Lekhalong, Lihaseng, Liolong, Liphookoaneng, Mafikaneng, Mafikaneng (Ha Khechane), Mahlabatheng, Majakaneng, Masekoeng, Monyakoana, Ntlo-kholo (Ha Sepake), Ntlo-kholo (Mahaheng), Ntlokholo, Sekantšing, Sekhutloaneng and Thaba-Khupa.
- GTOPO30 via GeoNames. Retrieved 2010-08-03.
- Google Earth Download Site
- Mzolo, Shoks (4 September 2015). "Thaba Bosiu: Where the mountain is king". Mail & Guardian. Archived from the original on 1 October 2015. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- "Botschaften in Berlin laden Bürger ein" [Embassies in German welcome visitors] (in German). Tagesspiegel. 3 September 2009. Archived from the original on 3 April 2013. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- Lesotho Embassy in Berlin
- Rev. S.S. Dornan, Geology of Basutoland, Geological Magazine, Volume 5, Cambridge University Press, 1908.
- Lesotho Bureau of Statistics, Village List Archived November 13, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. 2006.