Qingdao Liuting International Airport
|Operator||Qingdao International Airport Group Co., Ltd.|
|Location||Chengyang District, Qingdao|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||10 m / 33 ft|
CAAC airport chart
|Qingdao Liuting International Airport|
Qingdao Liuting International Airport (IATA: TAO, ICAO: ZSQD) is the main international airport serving the city of Qingdao in Shandong Province, China. It is about 31 km (19 mi) from the city center and serves as a hub for Shandong Airlines,Beijing Capital Airlines and Qingdao Airlines as well as a focus city for China Eastern Airlines.
From 2004 to 2006, the airport underwent an expansion of its terminal as well as adding more parking spaces which was part of its initial 2010 goal to expand Liuting Airport to handle 5.2 million passengers annually or 2400 passengers and almost 120,000 tons of cargo hourly. The runway was also extended to its current length. Its IATA code is used for its former romanized name Tsingtao.
In 2018, Qingdao Liuting was the 15th busiest airport in China with 24.53 million passengers. Due to its lack of room to expand as it is being surrounded by the city, in December 2013, the Chinese government approved the construction of Qingdao Jiaodong International Airport which will replace Liuting as Qingdao's main airport by the second half of 2019. 
Qingdao did not have a non-stop intercontinental air link until 29 March 2016, when Lufthansa's existing service to Frankfurt, Germany via Shenyang was upgraded to a non-stop flight to Frankfurt. Later in the year, Beijing Capital Airlines introduced service to Melbourne, Australia and Vancouver, Canada in early 2017.
Airlines and destinations
|China Southern Airlines Cargo||Los Angeles|
The airport is about 31 kilometres (19 mi) north of the city, and connected by taxis, three airport shuttle bus lines (701路, 702路, 703路), two tourism bus lines (Huangdao Special Line, Jiaonan Special Line), and intercity buses to neighboring cities. When open, Line 7 of the Qingdao Metro will connect with the airport, operating trains between Qingdao International Sailing Centre and Bei'an Street, Jimo City.
- 2018年民航机场生产统计公报 (in Chinese). Civil Aviation Administration of China. 5 March 2019. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- 青岛胶东国际机场正式获批 选址靠近大沽河. Xinhua (in Chinese). 6 December 2013. Archived from the original on 3 February 2014. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Beijing Capital adds Qingdao – Jeju service from Feb 2019". routesonline. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "China Eastern schedules Qingdao – Paris June 2019 launch". Routesonline.com. 13 April 2019. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
- 新航季 · 新航线 ① | 东航云南始发新航线即将开启！快来Pick你心仪的目的地！
- "Juneyao Airlines adds Qingdao – Osaka service from late-March 2019". routesonline. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "Shandong Airlines plans Nagoya service launch in S19". routesonline. Retrieved 11 March 2019.
- Direct flight links Qingdao, Vietnam's Nha Trang
- "Qingdao Liuting Airport Transportation: Shuttle and Inter-city Buses". www.travelchinaguide.com. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Qingdao Subway, Metro Lines, Stations". www.travelchinaguide.com. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
Media related to Qingdao Liuting International Airport at Wikimedia Commons