Qingdao Liuting International Airport
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013)|
Qīngdǎo Liútíng Guójì Jīchǎng
|IATA: TAO – ICAO: ZSQD|
|Operator||Qingdao International Airport Group Co., Ltd.|
|Serves||Qingdao, Shandong, China|
|Hub for||Qingdao Airlines|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||10 m / 33 ft|
|Qingdao Liuting International Airport|
Qingdao Liuting International Airport (IATA: TAO, ICAO: ZSQD) (Chinese: 青岛流亭国际机场); is the main airport serving the city of Qingdao, in Shandong Province, China. It is about 31 kilometres (19 mi) from the city center. Qingdao is a focus city for China Eastern Airlines and Shandong Airlines. Its IATA code is used for its former name Tsingtao.
From 2004 to 2006, the airport underwent an expansion of its terminal as well as adding more parking spaces which was part of its initial 2010 goal to expand Liuting Airport to handle 5.2 million passengers annually or 2400 passengers and almost 120,000 tons of cargo hourly. The runway was also extended to its current length.
In 2012, Qingdao Liuting was the 17th busiest airport in China with 12,601,152 passengers.
Airlines and destinations
- ^Note 1 : Lufthansa's flight from Qingdao to Frankfurt makes a stop in Shenyang. Lufthansa, however, does not have traffic rights to transport passengers between Qingdao and Shenyang.
- ^Note 2 : Scoot's flight continue service to Shenyang. Scoot, however, does not have traffic rights to transport passengers between Qingdao and Shenyang.
|China Southern Airlines||Los Angeles|
The airport is about 31 kilometres (19 mi) north of the city, and connected by taxi and an airport bus.
- 青岛胶东国际机场正式获批 选址靠近大沽河. Xinhua (in Chinese). 6 December 2013. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "NokScoot Confirms Qingdao Launch from late-Nov 2015". Airlineroute.net. 12 October 2015. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Shandong Airlines Adds New Osaka Service from July 2015". Airlineroute.net. 4 June 2015. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Qingdao Liuting International Airport.|