Qingdao Qianwan Container Terminal
Coordinates: Qingdao Qianwan Container Terminal is a port of China, located at Qianwan (literally The Front Bay), Qingdao, Shandong province. Qingdao Port ranked 10th in 2008 world's busiest container ports with 10,320 thousands TEU, current projects were expected to raise the capacity to 15,000 thousands or more.
Phase 2 & 3 were held by Qingdao Qianwan Container Terminal Co.,Ltd (QQCT), a joint venture of Qingdao Port (Group) Co. Ltd. (31%), Dubai Ports World (was held by P&O) (29%), COSCO Pacific (20% interests, 18.18% voting power) and A. P. Moller-Maersk Group (20%). Phase 2 and 3 had 11 berths.
Phase 4, as Qingdao New Qianwan Terminal (QQCTN), located in south bank, was a joint venture of Qingdao Qianwan Container Terminal Co.,Ltd, (80% interests) and Pan Asia International Shipping Ltd. (20% interests), which started to build in 2007. In 2009, the first 4 out of 10 berths started to operate.
Co-currently, China Merchants Holdings (International) reached an agreement with Qingdao Qianwan International Logistic Park to build a port for the Logistic Park in September 2003., which had 5 berths dedicated for container (which CMHI holds 100% interests) and 2 multi-purpose berths. The whole project CMHI holds 90.1% interests. The project started the construction in 2005.
In December 2009, China Merchants International Container Terminal (Qingdao) Co.,Ltd., the wholly subsidiary of CMHI, reached an agreement with QQCTN to set up a new joint venture company Qingdao Qianwan United Container Terminal Co., Ltd., (QQCTU) to engaged in the construction, operation and management current and future projects in the south bank, and take-over the current berths of China Merchants (5 berths) and QQCTN (4 berths).
|Annual Handling capacity
|2 & 3||11||17.5||3,400||6,500|
|4||10||15 – 20||3,408||6,000|
|CM||3||17||1,190 (all as of Dec 08)||2,500|
- "2003 Annual Report". COSCO Pacific. Retrieved 2010-03-28.
- 中國青島港前灣碼頭將建成中國最大集裝箱碼頭. 新華網 (in Chinese). 2003-07-21. Retrieved 2010-03-28.
- "Annual Report 2007". COSCO Pacific. Retrieved 2010-03-28.
- "2003 Annual Report". China Merchants Holdings (International). Retrieved 2010-03-28.
- " Discloseable transactions-Formation of QQCTU and disposal of assets by CM Qingdao". China Merchants Holdings (International). 2009-12-18.
- 青島前灣聯合集裝箱碼頭公司成立. 青島新聞網 (in Chinese). 2009-12-18. Retrieved 2010-03-28.
- "Global Terminal Network". COSCO Pacific. Retrieved 2010-03-28.
- "China Merchants International Container Terminal (Qingdao) Co., Ltd". China Merchants Holdings (International). Retrieved 2010-03-28.
|This Shandong location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to ports, harbors or marinas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|