Hecheng (seat of Qingtian), from the north-west, in 2011
Little Europe (小欧洲)
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• County||2,493 km2 (963 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
Qingtian (Chinese: 青田; pinyin: Qīngtián; Wade–Giles: Ch'ing-t'ien; lit.: 'azure field'), is a county in southeastern Zhejiang Province, on the middle-lower reaches of the Ou River which flows 388 kilometers (241 mi) before finally reaching the city of Wenzhou and emptying into the East China Sea. The county is known from AD 711 on and was named for its rich rice paddy fields. Subtropical monsoon climate: annual average temperature 18.3 °C (64.9 °F), annual rainfall 1,747 mm (68.8 in). Hilly territory with many ravines. Its capital is Hecheng, also known as Qingtian City. The inhabitants speak Wenzhounese and Qingtianese, both Wu dialects.
- Hecheng (鹤城镇), Wenxi (温溪镇), Dongyuan (东源镇), Chuanliao (船寮镇), Beishan (北山镇), Shankou (山口镇), Haikou (海口镇), Gaohu (高湖镇), Lakou (腊口镇), Renzhuang (仁庄镇)
- Zhangcun Township (章村乡), Shuqiao Township (舒桥乡), Gui'ao Township (贵岙乡), Shixi Township (石溪乡), Zhenbu Township (祯埠乡), Zhenwang Township (祯旺乡), Wanshan Township (万山乡), Huangyang Township (黄垟乡), Jizhai Township (季宅乡), Haixi Township (海溪乡), Gaoshi Township (高市乡), Jupu Township (巨浦乡), Wanfu Township (万阜乡), Tangyang Township (汤垟乡), Fangshan Township (方山乡), Wukeng Township (吴坑乡), Renguan Township (仁宫乡), Zhangdan Township (章旦乡), Fushan Township (阜山乡), Linggen Township (岭根乡), Xiaozhoushan Township (小舟山乡)
- Chen Cheng, National Revolutionary Army commander, Vice President and Premier of Taiwan
- Chen Li-an, electrical engineer, mathematician and Taiwanese politician
- Chen Muhua, Communist revolutionary and People's Republic of China politician
- Xia Chao, civil governor of Zhejiang 1924–1926
- Zhang Naiqi, People's Republic of China politician
- "丽水市-行政区划网 www.xzqh.org" (in Chinese). XZQH. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
|This Zhejiang province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|