|Private start-up acquired by Autodesk, Inc.|
|Industry||Enterprise collaboration software, microblogging|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, USA|
|Jay Pullur - CEO, Rajiv Shivane - VP Engineering, Samir Ghosh - VP Biz Dev + Strategy|
Qontext was a venture of Pramati Technologies, and operates out of its offices in Mountain View, California and Hyderabad, India. The company is a global provider of on-demand enterprise social software for small to large multi-national companies and for ISVs seeking to add social features to their web-based applications. Qontext was launched in 2010 at the E2.0 Conference.
Qontext was acquired by Autodesk Inc. in Oct 2012 to form part of its Cloud strategy. Read press release.
In September 2011, Qontext was added to KMWorld's list of trend-setting products of 2011, selected out of more than 800 products. KMWorld also included Qontext in its list of "100 Companies that matter in Knowledge Management".
In April 2011, The Government of Andhra Pradesh's Information Technology and Communications Department awarded Pramati Technologies as the Top IT Product Company in the state.
- Kanth, K Rajani (April 15, 2010). "Pramati arm eyes $10 million in three years". Business Standard. Retrieved March 19, 2012.
- "Enterprise 2.0 Conference Boston Previews Breaking Event News -". San Francisco, California: Prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Cool Vendors in Context-Aware Computing, 2011". Gartner.com. 2011-04-15. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Trend-Setting Products of 2011". KMWorld. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Qontext Named KMWorld "Trend-Setting Product" for 2011". Qontext.com. September 6, 2011. Retrieved March 19, 2012. External link in
- "100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management". KMWorld. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Andhra govt. honours Pramati, as Hyderabad edges out Bangalore in IT savvy stakes". Indiatechonline.com. 2011-04-09. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- Murali, D. "A 'Qontext' for social networking". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved March 19, 2012. External link in