Qué bonito amor
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: both site wide and tv project MOS problems, grammar, tone, etc. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Qué bonito amor|
|Created by||Ricardo Fiallega|
|Theme music composer||José Alfredo Jiménez|
|Opening theme||"Qué bonito amor" performed by Vicente Fernández|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||161|
|Executive producer(s)||Salvador Mejía|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||October 22, 2012– June 2, 2013|
|Preceded by||Amor Bravío|
|Followed by||Mentir para vivir|
|Related shows||La hija del mariachi|
Qué bonito amor (International Title:Beautiful Love, Literally:What a Beautiful Love) is a 2012 Mexican telenovela produced by Salvador Mejía Alexandre for Televisa. It is based on La Hija del Mariachi, produced by Colombian's RCN Television and written by Mónica Agudelo in 2006-2007.
On October 22, 2012, Canal de las Estrellas started broadcasting Qué bonito amor weeknights at 7:15pm, replacing Amor Bravío. The last episode was broadcast on June 2, 2013, with Mentir para vivir replacing it the following day. Originally, it was scheduled to end on May 27, 2013. Production of Qué bonito amor officially started on August 9, 2012.
On April 15, 2013, Univision started broadcasting Qué bonito amor weeknights at 10pm/9c, replacing Amor Bravío. The last episode was broadcast on October 4, with Mentir para vivir replacing it on October 7.
The Univision broadcast is an abridged version, as episodes 1 to 80 in the Univision version are episodes 1 to 118 in the non-abridged version. The episode count was reduced to 124 episodes, and episode 161 was split into two separate episodes. Doña Amalia finding out that her defunct husband was also the owner of "Ay Jalisco, no te rajes" bar and Susanito being declared guilty took place in episodes 117 and 118, respectively in the original version, while in the Univision version, both events took place in episode 80 (as per description).
It is a love story like there is no other, which not only encompasses the most endearing Mexican traditions, but also ennobles one of the most representative icons from our culture: mariachi music. The story begins when we meet Santos Martinez de la Garza, a young handsome and carefree millionaire, who owns a car distributor company. Santos is deceived by his closest partners; one of them is Bruno, his friend and his sister´s boyfriend, Wendy. After being accused of fraud and money laundering, Santos is compelled to escape from Los Angeles to Mexico, like a fugitive.
This situation forces him to get a new personality: Jorge Alfredo Vargas, Mariachi. At the same time, we meet Maria Mendoza, a humble, pretty and brave young girl who lives with her mother, Amalia, a widow; and her two younger sisters, Paloma, who is about to turn 15, and Isabel 8 years old. Ever since Pedro her father died, Maria has had to work in order to help her family get ahead in life because Amalia suffers from a degenerative disease, so Maria is the only support her family has. Santos and Maria meet at the "Ay Jalisco, no te rajes, bar", where Maria works as a ranchero music singer. It is there in the bar where they both find love for the first time. And it is also in the "Ay Jalisco, no te rajes", run by Don Concho and his wife Lourdes, where the sweetest, saddest, most touching, comic and dramatic situations of the story will take place, together with Maria´s inseparable friends who are members of the bar´s mariachi band: "The Giant", Fernando: "The Casanova", who will turn into Santos´ confident and allied, "The Dreamer", "Susanito", "The Baritone", "The Adventurer " and "The Sparrow Hawk".
But there will be lots of tunes, chords, and conflicting forces within Santos and Maria's love story. Santos will face Ruben del Olmo, a powerful and cheating business man who is married but obsessed with Maria´s love; and "The Giant", Maria´s eternal pretender, who will always fight for her against Santos until the rivalry between them becomes a friendship. On the other hand, Maria will deal with Elvira´s lies and tricks, Don Concho´s daughter, who by whim and at any cost will not rest until she can have Santos. And of course, the saddest of all songs: Santos´ identity uncovered, the jail and the separation from his one and only love: Maria, his beautiful. A story full of ranchero music, mariachis, tequila, color, but most of all, full of hopes and dreams that will make us all sing: "¡What a Beautiful Love!"
- Jorge Salinas as Santos Martínez de la Garza Treviño / Jorge Alfredo Vargas
- Danna García as María Mendoza de Martínez de la Garza
- Pablo Montero as Óscar Fernández
- Juan Ferrara as Justo Martínez de la Garza
- Angélica María as Amalia García de Mendoza
- Roberto Palazuelos as Giuliano Rina
- Víctor Noriega as Michael Johnson
- Malillany Marín as Elvira Hernández
- Karla Álvarez as Irasema
- Arturo Peniche as Fernando Beltrán
- Salvador Pineda as Don Concepción "Concho" Hernández
- Roberto Ballesteros as Comandante Leonardo "Leo" Derecho
- Rosita Pelayo as Curtis
- Mónica Sánchez Navarro as Altagracia Treviño de Martínez de la Garza
- Paty Diaz as Mirna Reynoso
- Miguel Ángel Biaggio as Susano "Susanito" Sánchez
- Mariana Ríos as Ana López
- Susana Diazáyas as Wendy Martínez de la Garza Treviño
- Ivonne Ley as Leticia Letty
- Víctor Reséndez "Latin Lover" as Jairo
- Mariano Palacios as Natalio Molina
- Rafael Negrete as Genaro
- Thelma Dorantes as Mancia Sanchez
- Renata Notni as Paloma Mendoza García
- Homero Ferruzca as Homero
- Carlos Ignacio as Leonel "Pinchi" Velásquez
- Ninón Sevilla as Dona Remedios
- Raul Padilla "Choforo" as Rigoberto Guerra
- Evita Muñoz "Chachita" as Doña Prudencia
- Marcelo Buquet as Rubén del Olmo
- Lina Santos as Lourdes de Hernández
- Romance and Music Blend Perfectly to Give Viewers Something to Sing About in “Qué Bonito Amor”
- Televisa hará el remake de La Hija Del Mariachi
- 'Qué bonito amor' será la nueva telenovela de Salvador Mejía
- Danna García y Jorge Salinas protagonistas de la telenovela "Qué Bonito Amor"
- Malillany Marín se vuelve la villana de 'Qué Bonito Amor'
- 'Qué Bonito Amor' cantará al amor a partir de las 19:15
- Anuncia Rosy Ocampo cambio de fecha estreno "Mentir para vivir". Con Flor Rubio
- Los protagonistas de Mentir para vivir
- Rosy Ocampo cambia de nombre ¡por cuarta ocasión!
- 'Qué bonito amor' arrancó grabaciones en la Plaza de Garibaldi
- ¡Qué Bonito Amor, pronto en Univisión!
- Qué Bonito Amor: Llega el evento más importante el gran final de Qué Bonito amor
- Mayrín Villanueva es Oriana en Mentir Para Vivir
- Hulu: Qué Bonito Amor: Episodes
- 02 de abril de 2013, Capítulo 117
- 03 de abril de 2013, Capítulo 118
- Qué Bonito Amor Declaración Culpable