Quế Ngọc Hải
Ngọc Hải at the 2019 AFC Asian Cup
|Full name||Quế Ngọc Hải|
|Date of birth||15 May 1993|
|Place of birth||Diễn Châu, Nghệ An, Vietnam|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in) |
|Sông Lam Nghệ An|
|2012–2019||Sông Lam Nghệ An F.C||119||(12)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 July 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 15 November 2019
Trần Anh Khoa incident
In a match on 13 September 2015 between Sông Lam Nghệ An and SHB Đà Nẵng a player from the latter team, Trần Anh Khoa, was dribbling into the box at the 21st minute when Ngọc Hải committed a dangerous and reckless tackle to stop the winger. Ngọc Hải was only shown a yellow card by the referee but Anh Khoa had to be substituted and suffered serious injury to his knee ligaments and leg bone because of the tackle. Ngọc Hải was later suspended for 6 months for all football-related activities, and was ordered to pay the roughly 800 million đồng for Anh Khoa's medical expenses. Anh Khoa is expected to remain injured for 12 to 18 months and had to travel to Singapore for surgery. Doctors said that there was only a 50% chance of Anh Khoa recovering enough to play professional football again.
Finally, this incident ends Anh Khoa's football career, his leg never recovers well enough to play football again.
|1.||7 June 2015||Bishan, Bishan Stadium||Timor-Leste||3–0||4-0||2015 Southeast Asian Games|
|2.||15 June 2015||Kallang, National Stadium||Indonesia||5–0||5-0||2015 Southeast Asian Games|
- Scores and results list Vietnam's goal tally first.
|1.||22 November 2014||Mỹ Đình National Stadium, Hanoi||Indonesia||2014 AFF Championship|
|2.||16 January 2019||Hazza bin Zayed Stadium, United Arab Emirates||Yemen||2–0||2–0||2019 AFC Asian Cup|
|3.||15 October 2019||Kapten I Wayan Dipta Stadium, Gianyar, Indonesia||Indonesia||2–0||3–1||2022 FIFA World Cup qualification|
Ngọc Hải was born in Diễn Châu District. At an early age his family moved to Vinh because of economical difficulties, where his parents made a living as fruit sellers. Ngọc Hải and his older brother Ngọc Mạnh are very close and attended the Sông Lam Nghệ An football academy together. Ngọc Mạnh suffered a serious knee injury however, and with little money the family had to rely on Ngọc Hải to work hard and become professional, both to provide for his family and pay for his brothers surgery.
After scoring the opening goal against Indonesia in the 2014 AFF Suzuki Cup Ngọc Hải lifted his shirt to reveal a picture of Nguyễn Hữu Thắng to thank his former coach for the opportunities he gave him.
- Winners : 2018
- Trung Yên (1 December 2014). "Hậu vệ Quế Ngọc Hải: Cố đá bóng để cứu giấc mơ của anh trai (Defender Que Ngoc Hai: Try to kick the ball for his brother's dream)". Bong Da Plus (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "Vietnam 2 Indonesia 2". AFF official website. 22 November 2014. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- "Ngọc Hải Quế – Soccerway profile". soccerway.com.
- "Cầu thủ Đà Nẵng ngồi xe lăn sau trận đấu SLNA (Da Nang player in wheelchair after the match with SLNA)" (in Vietnamese). VN Express. 15 September 2015. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "Anh Khoa nghỉ một năm, chỉ có 50% cơ hội trở lại sân cỏ (Anh Khoa out for a year, only 50% chance to return to the pitch)" (in Vietnamese). VN Express. 9 October 2015. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "Quế Ngọc Hải". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 9 January 2019.
- Quế Ngọc Hải at National-Football-Teams.com
|This biographical article related to Vietnamese association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|