|1 quad in ...||... is equal to ...|
|US customary units||1015 BTU|
Some common types of an energy carrier approximately equal to 1 quad are:
- 8,007,000,000 gallons (US) of gasoline
- 293,071,000,000 kWh
- 293.07 terawatt-hours (TWh)
- 33.434 gigawatt-years (GWy)
- 36,000,000 tonnes of coal
- 970,434,000,000 cubic feet of natural gas
- 5,996,000,000 UK gallons of diesel oil
- 25,200,000 tonnes of oil
- 252,000,000 tonnes of TNT or five times the energy of the Tsar Bomba nuclear test
- 12.69 tonnes of uranium-235 (with 83.14 TJ/kg)
- 6 seconds of sunlight reaching Earth
- "Energy: Glossary". Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
- Energy Information Administration (2006-07-31). "World Consumption of Primary Energy by Energy Type and Selected Country". International Energy Annual 2004. Archived from the original (Excel spreadsheet) on November 9, 2006. Retrieved 2007-05-12.