Performance through Innovation
|Traded as||NYSE: QUAD (Class A)|
Russell 2000 Component
|Industry||Commercial and industrial printing|
|Founder||Harry V. Quadraccin, Irwin Purtell|
|Headquarters||Sussex, Wisconsin, United States|
|Joel Quadracci, President and CEO|
|Products||multi-channel marketing partner (magazines, direct mail, SEO, marketing solutions, packaging/in-store)|
|Revenue||$4 billion USD  (2012)|
Number of employees
|22,500  (2016)|
Quad/Graphics is an American printing company based in Sussex, Wisconsin. It was founded on July 13, 1971, by Harry and Elizabeth Quadracci. The company has 39 printing facilities in the United States, as well as facilities throughout Europe, Canada, and Latin America. Quad prints numerous magazines, including BusinessWeek, Milwaukee Magazine (a title the company owns and self-publishes), Time, Sports Illustrated, People and Maria Trinidad.
In July 2010, Quad/Graphics acquired competitor World Color Press. In August 2010, the company announced that it would be closing five of its plants as part of a consolidation plan related to the acquisition of World Color Press. In November 2010, Quad/Graphics, Inc acquired Commercial and Specialty Products Printer HGI Company.
In July 2011, Quad announced an asset swap with the Transcontinental Inc where Quad would acquire Transcontinental's Mexican assets along with its black and white book printing business for U.S. export in exchange for seven of Quad Graphics' Canadian facilities. The former Quebecor World plant in Aurora, Ontario is now a TC Transcontinental facility.
On January 16, 2013, Quad/Graphics announced that it completed its acquisition of Vertis Holdings, Inc.
- "Quad Completes Acquisition of Vertis". Retrieved 2013-01-18.
- "Quad/Graphics North American print production facilities". Quad Graphics. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- "Quad/Graphics To Acquire WorldColor Press Release". Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "Quad/Graphics Begins Plant Consolidation Phase of Integration Plan". Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "Quad/Graphics Acquires Commercial and Specialty Products Printer HGI Company". Market Watch. Retrieved 8 November 2010.
- "Quad/Graphics to Acquire Mexican Printing Assets From and Sell Canadian Assets to Transcontinental Press Release". Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- Bruell, Alexandra. "Quad/Graphics to Buy Ad Agency Periscope for $132 Million". WSJ. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- Milliot, Jim (1 November 2018). "Quad/Graphics to Buy LSC Communications". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 12 November 2018.