|Look up quadrature in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Quadrature may refer to:
In signal processing:
- Quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM), a modulation method of using both an (in-phase) carrier wave and a 'quadrature' carrier wave that is 90° out of phase with the main, or in-phase, carrier
- Quadrature phase, oscillations that are said to be in quadrature if they are separated in phase by 90° (π/2, or λ/4)
- Quadrature filter, the analytic signal of a real-valued filter
- Quadrature phase-shift keying (QPSK), a phase-shift keying of using four quadrate points on the constellation diagram, equispaced around a circle
- Quadrature (mathematics), drawing a square with the same area as a given plane figure (squaring) or computing that area
- Numerical integration is often called 'numerical quadrature' or simply 'quadrature'
- Gaussian quadrature, a special case of numerical integration
- Formerly, a synonym for "integral"
- In Optical phase space, quadratures are operators which represent the real and imaginary parts of the complex amplitude; see also in-phase and quadrature components
- Quadrature (astronomy), the position of a body (moon or planet) such that its elongation is 90° or 270°; i.e. the body-earth-sun angle is 90°
Quadrature may also refer to:
- In motion control, quadrature encoder is a rotary encoder or linear encoder giving both the relative position and the direction of motion of a shaft
- Illusionistic ceiling painting, sometimes called quadrature after the Italian term, quadratura
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Quadrature.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.