The current logo for Quaker State Oil
|Headquarters||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Services||Motor oil service|
|Parent||Royal Dutch Shell|
Quaker State is an American brand of a motor oil made by SOPUS Products, a division of Royal Dutch Shell (RD), and the successor of the Pennzoil-Quaker State Company. Quaker State gets it name from the nickname for Pennsylvania, the state founded by William Penn, a Quaker.
The company was the former sponsor of the IndyCar race Quaker State 500 (now known as the ABC Supply 500) in 1988, and the current sponsor of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race Quaker State 400 at Kentucky Speedway. Quaker State was also the sponsor of Hendrick Motorsports from 1996 to 2013 (Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Kasey Kahne) and Paul Menard; the company was also formerly the sponsor of Morgan Shepherd. Quaker State was also official lubricants partner of Italo-American Ferrari-works team Risi Competizione in 2004 until 2008. Quaker State is currently sponsoring the Force India Formula 1 Team for 2015 and Allen "Quaker" Ellis for the 2016 Taekwondo US National Olympic Team.
The restaurant chain Quaker Steak & Lube is a spoof on this company name.
- "1988 Quaker State 500". Racing-Reference. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- Hembree, Mike (2011-03-06). "Quaker State To Sponsor Inaugural Kentucky Race". Speed. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "NASCAR Drivers". Quaker State. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Morgan's Driving Career". Morgan Shepherd. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Force India New Livery". Fox Sports F1. Fox Sports. Retrieved 1 Jan 2015.
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|