The current logo for Quaker State as of 2015
|Parent||Royal Dutch Shell|
Quaker State is an American brand of motor oil produced by SOPUS Products, a division of Royal Dutch Shell, and the successor of the Pennzoil-Quaker State Company. In 2002, Shell Oil Co., a wholly owned member of the Royal Dutch/Shell Group, acquireed Pennzoil-Quaker State Co. for $1.8 billion in cash and $1.1 billion in debt. The Quaker State name is derived from the nickname for Pennsylvania, the state founded by William Penn, a man of the Quaker religion.
The company sponsored the IndyCar race, Quaker State 500 (now known as the ABC Supply 500) in 1988, and is a current sponsor of the NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Series race Quaker State 400 at Kentucky Speedway. Quaker State was also the sponsor of Hendrick Motorsports from 1996 to 2013 (Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kasey Kahne) and Paul Menard; the company was also formerly the sponsor of Morgan Shepherd. Quaker State was also official lubricants partner of Italo-American Ferrari-works team Risi Competizione in 2004 until 2008. Quaker State is currently sponsoring the Force India Formula One team for 2015 and Allen "Quaker" Ellis for the 2016 Taekwondo US National Olympic Team.
The restaurant chain Quaker Steak & Lube is a spoof on the company name.
- "1988 Quaker State 500". Racing-Reference. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- Hembree, Mike (2011-03-06). "Quaker State To Sponsor Inaugural Kentucky Race". Speed. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "NASCAR Drivers". Quaker State. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Morgan's Driving Career". Morgan Shepherd. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Force India New Livery". Fox Sports F1. Fox Sports. Retrieved 1 Jan 2015.
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|