Quakers Hill railway station
|Location||Railway Road, Quakers Hill|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||40.09 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Rebuilt||29 June 1929|
|Passengers (2013)||2,950 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
Quakers Hill station opened in 1872 as Douglas Siding. It was renamed Quakers Hill on 30 March 1905 and relocated to its present location on 29 June 1939. Two sets of points at the southern end of the station allow trains to terminate on either platform.
The station had a crossing loop until the line from Marayong was duplicated to Quakers Hill in 2002. In 2011, the second track was extended to Schofields with a new overhead concourse with lists completed at the same time. As a result, T5 Cumberland line services were extended to terminate at Schofields.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Hornsby via Central & Chatswood|||
|services to Leppington|||
|2||services to Richmond|||
|services to Schofields, Richmond & Liverpool (Weekends only)|||
Train Line and Services
During the week, Quakers Hill has four services an hour in both directions. Two of these services come from the City while the other two run between Schofields and Leppington. In the peak, Quakers Hill is serviced by six services an hour.
On the weekends, the T1 Western Line operates a service from Richmond to North Sydney every 30 minutes which stops at Quakers Hill in both directions. Quakers Hill is also the terminus for the T5 Cumberland line on weekends, before the trains return to Liverpool.
Busways operates two routes to and from Quakers Hill station:
Quakers Hill station is served by one NightRide route:
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Quakers Hill Station NSWrail.net
- New, relocated Schofields Station is now open CityRail 29 October 2011
- "T1: Western line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "T5: Cumberland line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Busways route 752". Transport for NSW.
- "Busways route T72". Transport for NSW.
- "N71 Nightride". Transport for NSW.