|Corporate venture fund|
Number of locations
|7 locations: San Diego, San Francisco, Israel, Europe, China, India, Latin America, Korea|
Qualcomm Ventures is the investment arm of Qualcomm Incorporated. Founded in 2000, Qualcomm Ventures is a corporate venture capital fund with 140+ active portfolio companies. Investing in startups targeting the wireless ecosystem, the group focuses on investments in the sectors of automotive, data center and enterprise, digital health, Internet of Things (IoT), and mobile.
In November, 2018, Qualcomm Ventures announced it has plans to invest up to $100 million in artificial intelligence. It will provide capital to startups building on-device AI, which is AI that runs on the end device, like a smartphone or vehicle, rather than in the cloud.
- "Didi confirms it has acquired 99 in Brazil to expand in Latin America". TechCrunch. 2018-01-03.
- "GM Buying Self-Driving Tech Startup for More Than $1 Billion". Fortune. 2016-03-11.
- "Fitbit is now worth $4.1 billion after IPO". CNN Money. 2015-06-25.
- "Amazon is buying smart doorbell maker Ring". TechCrunch. 2018-02-28.
- "Google Bought Waze For $1.1B, Giving A Social Data Boost To Its Mapping Business". TechCrunch. 2013-06-11.
- "Qualcomm Ventures is dedicating $100M to AI investments". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-11-29.