|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2014)|
In 2010, Qualitest joined Endo International plc – a global specialty healthcare company focused on improving patients’ lives while creating shareholder value. Endo develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes quality branded pharmaceutical, generic and device products through its operating companies. Endo has global headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and US headquarters in Malvern, PA.
DAVA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is now part of Qualitest Pharmaceuticals, an Endo International plc company.
Boca Pharmacal is a specialty generics company with a unique generics product portfolio and complementary pipeline that builds on Qualitest’s strength in controlled substances.
- 1983: Founded as a generic product distribution joint venture with Kmart
- 1986: Company is named Qualitest and moved to Huntsville, Alabama
- 1992: Charlotte, North Carolina facility purchased from Medico Pharma; manufacturing company named Vintage, Inc.
- 1996: Liquid plan built in Huntsville and rolled into Vintage, Inc.
- 2001: Tabled plant headquarters and distribution buildings built.
- 2007: Company purchased by Apax® and ranked 7th largest generics company in the United States.
- 2010: On December 1, 2010, Qualitest Pharmaceuticals becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of Endo Pharmaceuticals. On December 1, 2010, Qualitest Pharmaceuticals becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of Endo Pharmaceuticals. Qualitest is ranked the 5th largest generics company in the United States.
- 2014: On February 3, 2014, Endo successfully completed its acquisition of specialty generics company Boca Pharmaca. Boca Pharmacal Inc. (Boca), the specialty generics company, was acquired by Endo in February 2014 and is now part of Qualitest. Boca focuses on niche areas, including controlled substances, semi-solid drugs and solutions. On August 6, 2014, Endo completed its acquisition of DAVA Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a privately held company specializing in generic pharmaceuticals. The acquisition of DAVA Pharmaceuticals Inc., in August 2014, adds a high-margin generics portfolio and robust near-term generics pipeline to the Qualitest business
- 2015: Endo acquires Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. as part of Endo Pharmaceuticals business.
In May, 2015 Endo International plc (NASDAQ: ENDP) (TSX: ENL) and Par Pharmaceutical Holdings, Inc. announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Endo will acquire privately held Par from TPG in a transaction valued at $8.05 billion, including assumption of Par debt.
In 2015, over one hundred women have filed legal action against the company.
- "QualitestÂ® - An Endo International Company". Qualitestrx.com. Retrieved 2015-11-13.
- [dead link]
- "Over 100 Women Sue After Birth Control Blunder Leaves Them Pregnant". Msn.com. Retrieved 2015-11-13.