|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||December 5, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Oakboro, North Carolina|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||241 lb (109 kg)|
|High school:||West Stanly High School|
|NFL draft:||2011 / Round: 6 / Pick: 171|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Quantavius "Quan" Sturdivant (born December 5, 1988) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He played as a middle linebacker for the University of North Carolina Tar Heels. He was considered one of the top linebackers in the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC). Sturdivant was drafted in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Arizona Cardinals at pick number 171.
He was born on December 5, 1988 in Oakboro, North Carolina, U.S. to Marcella Sturdivant. His father is Terry Watkins of Norwood, N.C. He attended West Stanly High School, where he played mostly as a quarterback, but also as a safety. As a senior in 2006, he completed 99 out of 179 pass attempts for 1,794 yards and 21 touchdowns, and made 111 rushing attempts for 745 yards. He also recorded 12 tackles, two broken-up passes, and one interception. He was a three-time all-conference and two-time all-state player, and was named the conference's 2006 offensive player of the year. In 2006, he was named a Charlotte Observer high school player of the week for recording 305 yards, four touchdowns, and 11 tackles in a game. Recruiting analyst Tom Lemming named Sturdivant to his All-Southeast Team. He participated in the 2006 Shrine Bowl as a quarterback. He received scholarship offers from Duke, Florida, NC State, North Carolina, and South Carolina. Sturdivant originally committed to Florida, but a week later reversed course and committed to North Carolina.
As a true freshman for the Tar Heels in 2007, Sturdivant saw action in all 12 games as a linebacker including five starts. He also played a role on special teams. Sturdivant also recorded 47 tackles, including 1.5 for loss, one quarterback sack, one interception, and one blocked punt. In 2008, Sturdivant played in all 13 games and recorded 122 tackles including 87 solo, two sacks, one forced fumble, and two interceptions for 89 yards and a touchdown. Sports Illustrated named him an honorable mention All-American. For the 2009 season, Sturdivant was moved from weakside to middle linebacker, in order to replace Mark Paschal who graduated. He was moved back to the weakside, however, to recapture his success from the previous year. Scout.com included him among its 120 Players You Need to Know feature series, and said of him, "In just two seasons ... he has developed into one of the top young linebackers in the ACC."
Sacramento Mountain Lions
He signed by the UFL's Sacramento Mountain Lions.
Kansas City Chiefs
On November 29, 2012, he was signed to the practice squad of the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Player Bio: Quan Sturdivant Archived July 27, 2009, at the Wayback Machine., University of North Carolina, retrieved June 18, 2009.
- He is related to the Head Football Coach of North Stanly High School in New London,NC, Ralph Jackson.PREP FOOTBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK, Charlotte Observer, p. 11C, October 15, 2006.
- UNC GETS COMMITMENT, Charlotte Observer, p. 18C, November 18, 2006.
- Quan Sturdivant Profile, Scout.com, retrieved June 18, 2009.
- Quan Sturdivant Stats, ESPN, retrieved June 18, 2009.
- SI.com's 2008 College Football All-Americans, Sports Illustrated, December 16, 2008.
- ACC spring: Freshmen, coordinators emerge[permanent dead link], News & Observer, April 16, 2009, retrieved June 18, 2009.
- 120 Players To Know - UNC LB Quan Sturdivant, Scout.com, March 23, 2009, retrieved June 18, 2009.
- North Carolina LB Quan Sturdivant cited for drug possession, USA Today, July 17, 2010.
- Sturdivant closer to return for UNC[permanent dead link], Charlotte Observer, October 14, 2010.
- Gold, Jon (2012-08-31). "Cardinals Cuts: Few surprises on final cut day". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- Tinsman, Brian (August 15, 2013). "Redskins Sign Inside Linebacker Depth". Redskins.com. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
- Tinsman, Brian (August 26, 2013). "Redskins Trim Roster Ahead Of Cuts". Redskins.com. Retrieved September 1, 2013.