Quảng Ngãi skin disease outbreak
As of April 2012[update], multiple press sources reported an outbreak of an unidentified skin disease in the Ba Tơ District of Quảng Ngãi Province, Vietnam. The disease is reported to begin as a skin rash, and in numerous cases appears to have led to the death of the sufferers through organ failure. As of 21 April 2012[update], the disease was reported to have affected 170 people, and killed 19.
Another outbreak of the same disease in the Quảng Ngãi area was reported in March 2013.
- "Vietnam seeks foreign help to beat mystery skin disease". BBC News. 2012-04-21.
- "Fatal disease baffles doctors". Viet Nam News. 2012-04-19.
- "Vietnam seeks help with mystery disease; 19 dead". USA Today. 2012-04-20. Retrieved 2012-04-22.
- New strange skin disease appears in Quang Ngai - News VietNamNet
- "Poisoned soil suspected cause of Vietnam illness". BBC News. 2012-05-14.
- "Bizarre skin disease outbreaks again in Quang Ngai". VietNamNet. 2013-03-11.
|This cutaneous condition article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Vietnam-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|